• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    If it were me, I wouldn't be interested in continuing to do business. I've been burned too many times. I don't give second chances to "make it right". You make it right the first time. You stand me up without a good reason and we're done.

Sick? Had to go out of town? Had to work late and need to reschedule? Sure. I'm not unreasonable. We're good. You forgot? Found a better deal? Didn't want to wait, even though you agreed to it? We're done. You're crossed off my list and we're never dealing again. I don't have time to be jerked around and you're not getting a second chance to screw me.

This ^

The thing I find not classy at all is that you left him negative feedback after he left yours when you were the one who broke the deal, then tried to take it back later on, wow........... this is going on my list as well.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This ^

The thing I find not classy at all is that you left him negative feedback after he left yours when you were the one who broke the deal, then tried to take it back later on, wow........... this is going on my list as well.
    I just checked this out. Not a good move on OP's part to give a retaliatory neg feedback. It just looks petty and has the appearance of abusing the feedback system.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I just checked this out. Not a good move on OP's part to give a retaliatory neg feedback. It just looks petty and has the appearance of abusing the feedback system.
    ^^THIS^^

AS the saying goes: "That's lower than whale crap on the bottom of the ocean." :noway:

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    We all make mistakes. It's on your feedback now. There are people like me who still might deal with you as long as you let them know what happened, and give your word it won't happen again. The flip side is there are some people who will never deal with you now (understandably). That's just part of it. The best advice I have is to learn from it and don't let anything similar happen again because once is a mistake, twice is a pattern. I did a deal once with a member who had a negative on his feedback, he explained, gave his word, and we did the deal. He actually went out of his way to meet more than half way, was early and very friendly. He seemed eager to get his feedback turned around. That's the approach you should take.

Last edited:

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Wow, just saw who you backed out on. He's a classifieds regular and a great guy. I know him, like him, and we've dealt before. I hope you have asked the mods to remove his negative feedback that you gave him. I couldn't think of a better member to deal with on this site...and I'm not exaggerating about that. As far as you hoping he would "chime in to make it right"...he isn't the type of guy to go back and forth on a thread. My last piece of advice would be for you to not go around speeding in Madison County. I don't think he's a grudge holding kinda guy, but mind your P's and Q's all the same.

pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    At least I am man enough to tell the entire site I made a mistake and have a discussion about it, that should show a little what kind of character I am. Some of you are acting like a pulled my weapon on the guy or something.... I simply made a mistake and I am owning up to it. I am trying to be civil and explain myself, and would understand if I had a past negative reputation. I will ask to remove my neg feedback if that is how it is done. I didn't know how to do it, thanks Wayne.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If it were me, I wouldn't be interested in continuing to do business. I've been burned too many times. I don't give second chances to "make it right". You make it right the first time. You stand me up without a good reason and we're done.

Sick? Had to go out of town? Had to work late and need to reschedule? Sure. I'm not unreasonable. We're good. You forgot? Found a better deal? Didn't want to wait, even though you agreed to it? We're done. You're crossed off my list and we're never dealing again. I don't have time to be jerked around and you're not getting a second chance to screw me.

The first paragraph was what kept running through my mind when posters kept talking about trying to work it out. Someone leaves me waiting, I wouldn't ever want to deal with them again. I would move on.

pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    I didn't leave the guy waiting!! He was not at the meeting place waiting for me....I simply told him I found another deal and backed out because he was out of town when posting the ad, and I needed to get some before he got back. The mistake I made was to not contact him on the day we were supposed to meet because I was busy. He messaged me and I told him sorry I found another deal. He left me neg feedback, then I offered to go ahead and make the deal, and make it right, yes after the neg feedback. My bad!!

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    At least I am man enough to tell the entire site I made a mistake and have a discussion about it, that should show a little what kind of character I am. Some of you are acting like a pulled my weapon on the guy or something.... I simply made a mistake and I am owning up to it. I am trying to be civil and explain myself, and would understand if I had a past negative reputation. I will ask to remove my neg feedback if that is how it is done. I didn't know how to do it, thanks Wayne.

Actually, I'm not sure if they can erase feedback off the Itrader. I did see you made a positive rating right after it, so at least that's something...And you're right, a lot of members will crucify someone over a bad deal. If I have something for sale, feel free to message me about it. I get the feeling that you have learned how serious verbal or messaged deals are taken on these kinda sites. I would feel comfortable giving you a chance to redeem that last situation.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    About 6 months ago I had a guy stiff me on a deal after I delivered the item to a friend's house 70 miles away for pickup so I had 140 miles driving and a week wasted but I never figured out how to leave him negative feedback. His excuse was "something came up".
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    should have filled out this instead
    butthurt.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've been burnt by 3 members on this site. 2 are now banned, and I will never deal with the other one. Drove 45 minutes to meet him, waited around for another 45, and he never showed. He apologized in a PM that night, and wanted to meet the next day. Next day, same bull ****. I wouldn't deal with him now if he was paying me to take something.

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    I've been burnt by 3 members on this site. 2 are now banned, and I will never deal with the other one. Drove 45 minutes to meet him, waited around for another 45, and he never showed. He apologized in a PM that night, and wanted to meet the next day. Next day, same bull ****. I wouldn't deal with him now if he was paying me to take something.
    It amazes me that people can be like that, most people in the gun community that I have dealt with are stand up people. I am in Massachusetts, and am currently in the process of a firearms transaction with one of the forum members, it will be FFL to FFL, I have talked to him on the phone,and I am sure everything will go smooth,but you can't help be a little apprehensive, anytime you make a deal that is not face to face.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    You are in the middle of a transaction here?

So you are breaking the rules that are ment to protect both sides and you are apprehensive?

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    He means the 50 post rule is being broken before dealing with someone in the classifieds perhaps?
    He belongs to this forum, but him and I are doing business thru another forum. Just was adding my opinion on making deals, if I violated any rules, feel free to give me the boot.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    He belongs to this forum, but him and I are doing business thru another forum. Just was adding my opinion on making deals, if I violated any rules, feel free to give me the boot.
    Makes sense to me. Its like when I show a friend who doesn't do message boards a gun for sale here, and give the seller their phone number.

It doesn't cheapen the board because it doesn't affect the board quality. I don't think the intent of the rules was to punish, just to stop those doing Hit-and-run postings.

,....but I might have said too much :shady:

Top Bottom