• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I received my Citadel 9mm 1911 today. Stripped it and cleaned the crap out of it, then put it back together lubed properly. Fit and finish seems pretty good! Can't wait to get it out and shoot it. I'll probably order a couple 10 round Wilson Combat mags for it.

If I may be so bold . . .

You may wish to consider the 9mm Metalform 10-rd magazines as well. I've been using them for several years and they've been reliable in several different guns. Recently I acquired some Wilson ETM 10rd mags. So far they have functioned well, but the top round is held very tightly. If you don't have a strong enough recoil spring, you may have problems stripping the top round when you drop the slide from slide lock.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The Mec Gars are 9 round but I trust them more than any other magazine out there. Trusted them enough to shoot them several years at the Bianchi Cup in fact. I use them exclusively for 1911s in my 45 and 38 Super and set my brother up with their mags for 45, 9mm, and 9X21.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    If I may be so bold . . .

You may wish to consider the 9mm Metalform 10-rd magazines as well. I've been using them for several years and they've been reliable in several different guns. Recently I acquired some Wilson ETM 10rd mags. So far they have functioned well, but the top round is held very tightly. If you don't have a strong enough recoil spring, you may have problems stripping the top round when you drop the slide from slide lock.

Yeah, you are probably right. It came with 2 Metalform mags, but I have a bunch of Wilson Combat mags for my other .45 cal 1911's, so it was just instinct for me to think I should order a couple Wilson Combat's for it. I have never shot a 9mm in this platform, but I hope I like it, because I'm already eying a 9mm R.O.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Put a little down on a Citadel at Rural King than traded for a RO 9MM and absolutely love that gun. Now going to pick up the Citadel this week and look forward to shooting it also. Love my 1911S in 45 but that RO 9MM is just dead accurate and feels great!

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I REALLY like my new RIA 9mm CS. Dead Nuts on. Just will be a little learning curve before the next IDPA match. The stuck up people won't like 'em but who cares. They are very nice and function well. Jim

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    And a very sharp looking gun to boot! Love it when you see a pure shooter take an inexpensive gun like a RIA and out shoot the guy that spent 3,000 just because he can on a custom gun. Don't get me wrong I love really nice guns just have read a lot of good things about the Rock Islands and there is room in my safe for a couple of them also. Good Luck!

Top Bottom