• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Every deer I've shot with my poverty parts have not enjoyed it. Would I take it to war in Iraq or Afganistan? No. Would I enter it in a competition shooting event? No. But for hunting and home defense, I'm not worrying about it. So, go ahead and spend to your heart's content...

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Reminds me of an old "label whore" girlfriend.
    If you didn't have the "right" label on your clothes, you heard about it.
    The time I showed up wearing WalMart brand jeans and she threw a fit was the end of it.
    It's ok.
    I now live in a half million dollar home with 10 acres of property while she just lost her 4th husband and is living alone in an apartment with her "designer" clothes.
    My "budget" ar's work just fine and I have the ability to chose among 10 different rifles if I want.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I’d still like to add a Colt 901, 6940, and a 6920 SOCOM to the safe. Wish I would have way back when on the 901!!!!!
    The 901 was fantastic, thus Colt stopped making it.

1702220455844.png

And yes the 6940 and the 6920HBPW/SOCOM are the penultimate of the M4 development arc so any day now Colt should stop making them so they can build another Ruger Expanse or whatever they replace them with.

Last edited:

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Some of the gucci guns are over gassed like crazy to ensure they never malfunction. Some of them get 2-4 MOA because that is perfectly ok for fed contracts. Set up what you want, and tune it to make it work. Anderson receivers, faxon barrels, and a pricy trigger. Once you get the gas right, I would take it (price relevant) against any other rifle sold. If you only buy rifles, and swapping parts is beneath you, enjoy.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    kjrSjQN.jpg

Quality over quantity gentlemen

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Everyone is making AR-15s now, including my mother on the westside of Indy. She is using the face of grandkids as CAGE codes.
    A Commercial And Government Entity (CAGE) code is a 6-digit alpha-numeric code which identifies source of a specific item. This will be on the item record of the National Stock Number (NSN.)

If I don't point this out the next thing you know NSNs (13-digit number consisting the the Federal Supply Class AKA "the first 4" and the 9-digit National Item Identification Number or NIIN) will be a series of emojis.

After that? Doing doughnuts on forklifts will be commonplace. Duct tape will be an acceptable substitute for tie-down straps and cargo nets will be optional on all aircraft (463L) pallets.

Slippery slope here Kirk. I'm rolling up on a quarter-century since I worked Base Supply, but agents of chaos will not succeed on my watch!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Several years ago I almost bought a Radian. After seeing that chart now I wish I would have bought a Radian. Then I could thumb my nose at all of the Poors.

(The Radian Model 1 was a really nice rifle.)

Top Bottom