• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I'm far from an expert, but for the most part it seems like milspec ARs follow the 80/20 rule. The first 20% of the cost gets you 80% of max quality and functionality. That next 80% of cost gets you so little extra value that I have a hard time buying one $2k AR when I can have 4 PSA/S&W/Bushmaster/Rugers instead. I don't know though, maybe I'm just in denial.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I'm far from an expert, but for the most part it seems like milspec ARs follow the 80/20 rule. The first 20% of the cost gets you 80% of max quality and functionality. That next 80% of cost gets you so little extra value that I have a hard time buying one $2k AR when I can have 4 PSA/S&W/Bushmaster/Rugers instead. I don't know though, maybe I'm just in denial.

I would get 2 $1000 guns before I got 4 $500 guns, you will get significantly better metallurgy and barrel performance IMHO. I say this running a sub MOA LWRC :abused:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Boogeyman be more dead if you shoot him with HK vs Anderson.
    I bet more will be shot with the poors uppers/rifles than the top tier uppers/rifles. Citizen owned.

I don't see how LaRue, and LWRCI aren't higher.
    How did doublestar get out of poverty?
    Are they going by price alone?
    Like I stated before until each rifle from each company is ran through say a 10,000rd test no cleaning just lubrication and see how well each does we will never know which are the very best, or the very worst.
    That will be the judge of which rifle is best, and which is worst.
    Until then it's speculation.
    Just seen a DD fail.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    After that? Doing doughnuts on forklifts will be commonplace.
    Doing donuts on forklifts has been common place for atleast as long as I have been around them. Same as flipping coins, burnouts, and running stuff over. Even the occasional hydraulic line blowout.

Can't believe you think it isnt already!

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I bet more will be shot with the poors uppers/rifles than the top tier uppers/rifles. Citizen owned.

Like I stated before until each rifle from each company is ran through say a 10,000rd test no cleaning just lubrication and see how well each does we will never know which are the very best, or the very worst.
    Just seen a DD fail.

...and you'd have to do it with 1000's of samples of each individual rifle.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    In my experience, there is a lot of brand loyalty and propaganda that obfuscate the reality that a low end AR is more in common with a high end AR than we are lead to believe. The things that make a difference here IMO are the trigger, barrel, sights/optic, is the gas/buffer system tuned, and most importantly your personal capabilities with a rifle. A properly tuned rifle from any tier is likely going to be good enough to trust your life with.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

uj3YGby.jpg

You do realize you posted a .89 MOA group right??

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    These charts in all reality are a joke. Some of them yeah I’ll give kudos to but a price tag DOESNT mean accuracy and reliability. I’ve been blessed to be able to purchase a few higher priced firearms. But if things went sideways right now the rifle I would grab would be my Gen 1 Galil Ace!!! I have faith in its reliability and repeatable accuracy. In a life or death self defense situation you won’t be going thru the motions to shoot a super tight group you will need to shoot minute of man. For me that Galil will do just that and with authority. Is the Galil my only rifle heck no but it’s the one that works for me. Reliable!!! So whether you have a $400 AR or a $4000 AR at the end of the day would you bet your life on it? I had an expensive rifle and I questioned its reliability. Not from personal experience but the experiences of others. Just my .02 worth and not worth anymore than this laughable list.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Just seen a DD fail.
    I agree on Larue, I would have thought they would be higher on the list. But they don’t market like other companies, so they don’t get as much buzz.

i know there are a lot of guys at the H&K forum that put more ammo through their guns than I can afford.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I always think of a conversation I had with a guy years ago. At the time I had gotten a harley shorter 1200. I was new to riding and this bike was great for me. I worked with a guy who had some sport crotch rocket. He constantly talked crap about how much faster it was blah blah. One day me and couple guys including crotch rocket guy all went ridi g to Nashville, bloomingto etc. He couldn't keep up. We kept havi g to eventually wait for him alot. Next day he was talking crap agai. About how fast his bike was. All I could tell him was yea. Your bike is fast, but you arent... this is same for the tier system of rifles.. some might be better than others.. but the shooter may not be so it won't matter

Top Bottom