• ...and so much more!
  • MSS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Hello Everyone!
    We opened a NEW firearms store in Westfield, IN known as Marksman Shooting Sports. We are located in State Road 32 and Carey Rd. in the Kroger shopping center.

17423 Carey Rd. Suite A
    Westfield, IN 46074

Our current inventory is comprised of over 80 rifles, shotguns and handguns, ammunition (including .380 and .22LR!) accessories and holsters. We have only been open for just under 2 weeks and have already had wonderful feedback on both our selection and prices.

Please feel free to check us out online at Marksman Shooting Sports Home or come in and see us.
    (hours and contact information on webpage)

Thanks for reading!
    Chris at MSS

WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    :welcome: You're right down the road from me! I'll definitely be stopping by this weekend! Look forward to see what you guys got in stock. :ingo:

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Hello Everyone!
    We opened a NEW firearms store in Westfield, IN known as Marksman Shooting Sports. We are located in State Road 32 and Carey Rd. in the Kroger shopping center.

17423 Carey Rd. Suite A
    Westfield, IN 46074

Our current inventory is comprised of over 80 rifles, shotguns and handguns, ammunition (including .380 and .22LR!) accessories and holsters. We have only been open for just under 2 weeks and have already had wonderful feedback on both our selection and prices.

Please feel free to check us out online at Marksman Shooting Sports Home or come in and see us.
    (hours and contact information on webpage)

Thanks for reading!
    Chris at MSS

Glad to see another shop open! :welcome: Hope you give Bare Arms the what-for in the business sense.

I have a question though: I passed by your shop mid-last week and saw a large white and red "No Loaded Guns" Sign right next to the entry door. Honestly it turned me away then, earlier this week I noticed it was gone as I passed going into the pizza joint. What is your stance on customers carrying in the store?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Glad to see another shop open! :welcome: Hope you give Bare Arms the what-for in the business sense.

I have a question though: I passed by your shop mid-last week and saw a large white and red "No Loaded Guns" Sign right next to the entry door. Honestly it turned me away then, earlier this week I noticed it was gone as I passed going into the pizza joint. What is your stance on customers carrying in the store?

That's a "loaded" question right there, the pressure is on.

MSS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2014
    Westfield

Stubz,

Thank you very much for posing this question. We are absolutely and unequivocally in favor of our patrons carrying, either open or concealed, on our premises. What our sign meant to say was: "If you are bringing in used guns for appraisal or trade, please be sure they are unloaded". That is of course hard to place on a small sign... We noticed our "No loaded guns" sign was creating too much confusion, so naturally, we 86'ed it.

We simply ask that all carried firearms remain holstered (with the exception, of course, of if an evil wrong-doer comes in our store - then please, blast away:ar15:)

I hope that cleared up any confusion! I for one love to talk about people's carry pieces - gives me alot of information to relay to future customers who might be interested in carrying the same thing.

Have a great day, guys, hope to see you all soon!

Best,
    Chris at MSS

MSS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Welcome to the neighborhood! I didn't see your store hours posted anywhere. I hope to make it in sometime soon.

Hours are posted under "contact" on the website.
    Tuesday-Thursday 11-7
    Friday 11-8
    Saturday 9-5
    sunday noon-5
    monday closed

Thanks for the interest!
    Chris, MSS

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    So I stopped by the new shop in Westfield the other day. I found the two gents working there to be friendly and approachable. From our discussion, I learned that transfers would be $20.00 and they are a recognized FFL on GunBroker.com They expect soon for an assortment of holsters to arrive. They have a good selection of firearms in stock and I think this will be a great spot for not only the first time gun owner, as they say there focus is; but also, for anyone looking for reasonable prices. I am encouraged to this point and plan to stop in again soon.
    They said that by December things will be growing and more goodies will be in stock.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Stopped by a few minutes before noon today and was surprised to find the door unlocked! Was met inside by a very friendly individual.

We talked about something that was missing from the web page, firearm transfers. Seems it was a minor omit from the page, and never having built a page myself, but marveling at it's complexity, just missing one minor detail is amazing. Also amazing is the transfer fee I was quoted, $20! The is more detail to this and I will let the owner explain fully, but was happy to find out that although they would rather you buy from them, they have no problem doing the transfer. YEAH!!!

Although the firearm selection was modest, they have only been there a couple of days, so having a zillion dollar inventory will come with time, but as it is, they have some nice stuff, and the prices seemed very reasonable.

I truly hope they have a long and happy relationship with the people of Westfield, and anyone else willing to make the drive! Very positive first experience! Welcome to the neighborhood!!!!

CWELLS1313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Was in there a couple weeks ago and they were great good guys honest open and I'm know business man but the concept and business model should and I hope will take them far (in the business I hope they don't leave Westfield lol) Glad there is ONE great gun store in my home town. They do have ammo in stock including .380 and they sell to the public lol (inside joke) gun prices on new guns was by far one of the best LGS prices ive seen in a while

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Welcome to the north side.

Do you know what you plan to charge for FFL transfer fees? Would love to have a good local place at a reasonable price for auction purchases, etc

Edit to add..didn't see the $20 FFL transfer from a few folks. Would still be curious to have the owners share their policy with INGO.

MSS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Welcome to the north side.

Do you know what you plan to charge for FFL transfer fees? Would love to have a good local place at a reasonable price for auction purchases, etc

Edit to add..didn't see the $20 FFL transfer from a few folks. Would still be curious to have the owners share their policy with INGO.

Wow - thank you for all the wonderful feedback, guys! We are elated to be in Westfield and hope to be a wonderful addition to the Northern shooting community. Per our policy on FFL transfers: as stated above by other INGO members, we do offer transfers for $20.00. But wait, there's more! We can generally place 5 firearms on one 4473 form - so the first will be $20.00, each one after that will be $10.00. This of course will only apply to multiple firearms transferred on the same day. Once we start over on another form (i.e. firearm #6 in the same day) then that 6th firearm will be $20.00 and 7-10 will be $10.00. This of course only applies to those individuals ordering in collections from other states. Sorry for all the detail - but I have been asked this question often.

In short, most of you order in one firearm at a time - the fee will be $20.00.

The process is simple. If and when you purchase a firearm from an out-of-state dealer, all you need to do is email or call with the seller's contact information, your name, and the manu/model of the purchased firearm and we will take care of the rest. We want to make this process as streamlined as possible for you, the customer. **Please note: we will only take in transfers from other licensed dealers. This is to include 03 FFL (C&R) holders (only if the sellers themselves are the 03 holder). If you purchase through a private seller, they must agree to ship their firearm through a dealer.

If there are any other questions please feel free to ask here, or call our store/write us an email.

Best,
    Chris at MSS

Last edited:

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    Welcome to the neighborhood, looking forward to swinging by to check the place out. I will be easy to spot, if I have my son with me, he will be the one drooling over any ARs you have in stock, and probably badgering me with "can you buy me one for my birthday, can you buy me one for my birthday, can you buy me one for my birthday!"

Top Bottom