• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Honest Outlaws was a sample of one, but it was a horrible sample.

That's the only review I've seen with issues. If there are others please post links.
    Another one messin up , with glock mags

I am going to venture a guess the big youtubers got preproduction ones that were gone over ahead of time...

Now that the production line versions are out.. danger will robinson.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have also seen multiple videos where they forgot to put the charging handle in the box...

Also the disasembally is a bit advanced for most people, with pins holding in the parts like an 870, as odd as it sounds.. that whole design sorta reminds me of an 870.

I think I will pass.... and stick with my M1 Carbine. Just wish the ammo would come down, but I have a bajillion 30 carbine rounds stashed.

marvinthearvincarbine.jpg
    Wouldn't a 300blk out take the place if the 30 carbine if it used 110gr bullets? Aren't they similar in velocity?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wouldn't a 300blk out take the place if the 30 carbine if it used 110gr bullets? Aren't they similar in velocity?
    .300 Blackout is superior to .30 carbine in every way. The 110 grain loads are, on average, packing 350-400 more ft. lbs. of energy out of an equivalent length barrel. As far as ammo availability, Ammoseek.com is showing thousands of vendors offering .300 Blackout ammo, with only 52 vendors offering .30 carbine. AR mags are a dime a dozen right now, and you don't even have to buy a rifle if you've already got a 5.56 AR...just an upper.

The only thing that .30 carbine has going for it over .300 Blackout is the nostalgia and coolness factor of its main platform, the M1 carbine. .300 Blackout is just another AR, which admittedly is a bit boring. But if I didn't have either, and wanted an intermediate .30 caliber cartridge for defensive applications, the .300 Blackout wins all day, every day.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    DS posted a review video in #92 that is a lot more positive. They were using Glock mags (OEMand Pmag) and a variety of cartridges with no failures. Makes me wonder if the problem here was he Henry mags?
    I think it's relevant that Honestly Outlaw was the only review that wasn't a test and evaluation gun from Henry.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    This could present problems when reloading with a suppressor attached. While this may not be a deal breaker for some, it would for me.
    Depends on how the tube is fed. Some, like a shotgun tube can be fed from the rear underside.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I think it's relevant that Honestly Outlaw was the only review that wasn't a test and evaluation gun from Henry.
    Is it the only review, or the only review you have seen. In either case, its still a population of one. And mags being what they are, I would not be surprised to see an issue with a new, proprietary mag. Another factor could be the ammunition. IIRC, Honestly only used one type. Semi's can be finiky on what they eat and what runs through their actions well.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm picturing my marlin 60 with the tube that contains the follower sliding out from the end to load from the bottom. But a side loader tube fed would be cool.
    I don't recall for certain, but I think the original Ruger .44 Mag semiauto (deerslayer?) was tube fed from the underside of the action.

scott46052

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2023
    Lebanon
    i have the 45LC hardened steel frame rifle and a 6 shot 45 LC nickel Outlaw pistol in case i get thrown back in westeren time

Top Bottom