www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Welcome @wisboy !

Just wanted to let you know you need to re-read the rules. Many of your posts are "one liners" and not kosher for folks with under 50 posts. Staff will delete those one liners at their discretion. So making a run can be VERY frustrating as you spend time posting, only to see your post count not incrementing because the posts are too short.

Here are the first rules of the classifieds:

In order to participate in the classifieds section, (post in the Market Place and use the conversation/PM system) you must have a quality post count of 50 or more. Businesses (sponsors, FFLs, etc) need to be an advertiser or Local Business supporter.

You can also bypass the 50 posts by BECOMING A SITE SUPPORTER HERE: https://www.indianagunowners.com/account/upgrades

This policy is in place to help weed out scammers/spammers and gives our members a chance to get a feel for you as a board member. Do not attempt to gain access to the classifieds by posting a bunch of "one-liners". That will not work. Thank you and enjoy the classifieds!

Remember the classifieds are a PERK for CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS. This is either by posting on a somewhat regular basis* outside of the classifieds or by becoming a Site Supporter. We are no longer letting members get their minimum post requirement and then spend the rest of their time selling in the classifieds without supporting the site that allows them to do so.

Whether you intend to use the classifieds or not, we have no way to know. So EVERYONE is subject to that rule whether they want to buy/sell or not.

Glad to have you here!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Many of us in NWI hang out in this thread...

You don't need to read the whole thing.
    Just jump in at the end.
    Just chat about NWI stuff, sometimes that includes guns, sometimes local events, and sometimes B.S.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Many of us in NWI hang out in this thread...

You don't need to read the whole thing.
    Just jump in at the end.
    Just chat about NWI stuff, sometimes that includes guns, sometimes local events, and sometimes B.S.

But beware the @jedi .

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    I do not know if this is the right place for introduction.
    As the site confuses me . I am an older guy and probably know more about firearms than using or perusing websites.

Anyway , my roots are in Northern Wisconsin. Own a nice place outta Weyerhaeuser on Bass lake , and have some land on the Chippewa River.

My interests in firearms are quite varied. I hunt from Alaska to the prairies.
    Hunting rifles from Anschutz to Steyers.

I have a number of older rifles , Winchester lever guns to boys rifles.
    I have a weakness of custom rifles and Steyr Zephyr .22's.

I Like Colts, S&W , Ruger ,etc, all older pistols as I am well aware of QC issues in the new models.
    That's it for now .

Good Day
    Welcome,
    I'm new here myself. So far I like it. I've been able to catch up on local political issues over in the general/political chat and seems to be some good rib-elbowing gents around here. My personal favorite way to peruse is to click "forums" up at the top then "new posts" to see new posts in all categories and see where I may learn or contribute.
    God Bless from English, IN
    Enjoy!

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Welcome to the Indiana Gun Owners forums.

I'm still learning the ropes, but it seems you have to welcome everyone until you have 50 posts in order to be able to have expanded use of the site. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County

I'm still learning the ropes, but it seems you have to welcome everyone until you have 50 posts in order to be able to have expanded use of the site. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    That’s 50 “quality “ posts. Like your doing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Actually no. Although welcome posts are nice, they typically are too short to be considered a quality post. Nothing personal but short welcome posts will be deleted from new guys.

To get your 50 they need to be quality posts that contribute to the discussion so we get a feeling for who you are and get to know you.

So "welcome!" wouldnt be quality, even though it is well meaning. So save some headaches and skip the welcomes. Nobody will think less of you.

So read through the various threads. (preferrably all the way through, not just the first and last pages) and provide your input. Short "I like mine" or "I prefer the 4" model." wouldnt be quality.

Now if you typed up a couple short paragraphs with the details if why you would prefer that gun over others, you're all set.

And ESPECIALLY dont fire of one liner after one liner minutes apart. Posting just to post to hit 50 DEFINITELY gets the staff's attention and those one liners get nuked, setting you back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom