New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I would imagine it would. DOn;t know if it really helps for non New Mexico residents to do that or not. If too many of us do that it might be characterized by her supporters as "outside influence".
    I see your point, but any of us at any giving time could be a visitor there. I've been thru there many times myself. Plus if they can get by with it there than sooner than later, they will try it here. I was living under the communist rule of Nashville TN during the covid lockdown. And I am done putting up with tyranny. Sorry if I sound harsh.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would imagine it would. DOn;t know if it really helps for non New Mexico residents to do that or not. If too many of us do that it might be characterized by her supporters as "outside influence".
    This. Too many of US do it, and I can see them throwing it out for illegal/illegitimate signatures.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I'm not sure if we can sign this petition to have Grisham impeached. but I am going to try it. https://johnfornm.com/impeach-mlg/
    I signed, as a NM resident. Now to see how much grief gets dumped on my inbox…….I can handle it!

I’m not sure what if anything comes of it as signing as an out of state resident? In some ways I’d like them to not listen to out of state interests, tho in this case I would agree with them. But, most likely not normally the case. Our .gov just follows whatever Kaliforniastan does, just two weeks later. That’s my basic opinion of the situation.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I was trying to find out if John Block, the editor of the Pinion Post and state rep, driving the impeachment recall with Stefani Lord, was related to Jay Block, the past GOP candidate for NM Governor (with about 10 percent of gop primary vote) and it appears they are not related. Jay Block was a Lt. Col in the nuclear weapons field in NM. John Block appears to be openly gay and a professing Christian…….just some Interdweeb tidbits I stumbled across, true or not.?

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I signed, as a NM resident. Now to see how much grief gets dumped on my inbox…….I can handle it!

I’m not sure what if anything comes of it as signing as an out of state resident? In some ways I’d like them to not listen to out of state interests, tho in this case I would agree with them. But, most likely not normally the case. Our .gov just follows whatever Kaliforniastan does, just two weeks later. That’s my basic opinion of the situation.
    I did send him an email asking to advise of what out of state people can do to help. I know they are in recess right now. And I haven't heard back from him. As soon as I do it will be posted here. I don't want to just see her just removed from office but jailed for this!!!

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

It won't hurt. This is all just a numbers game anyway. Nothing will actually get her impeached, but it will help her opponents to say "X # of people signed a petition calling for her impeachment". So please go ahead and sign, regardless of your state of residency. All we can realistically do is join the voices shouting her down. It won't directly stop anything, but enough pressure can cause similar efforts to pause in the future.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I did send him an email asking to advise of what out of state people can do to help. I know they are in recess right now. And I haven't heard back from him. As soon as I do it will be posted here. I don't want to just see her just removed from office but jailed for this!!!
    Thanks!! Good idea.

I don’t pretend to understand NM politics having only lived here the past two years, but visiting for 10 years as our daughter lived here.

NM legislators appear to be somewhat of a part time job, they only meet for limited time periods I believe. I’ve heard them talk about 60 day sessions and 90 day sessions, it appears to be a quite different animal than the process in Wisconsin, which I’m more familiar with.

All state wide positions are currently held by democrats, there have been some Republican governors over the years but both houses have been held by Democrats for almost 90 years, with current super majorities in both. It’s not the Wild, Wild West but the Wild, Wild Repressed here. Not a bad place to live if you have money. Climate, culture, food are awesome. Politics clearly leave a bit to be desired, and I doubt are changing much any time soon. A TERRIBLE place to live if you don’t have money.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This^^^^

Plus, usually petitions have a number of signatures disallowed when presented to the state's authority and are usually given a short timeline to gather more. It would seem to me the more invalid signatures included in the initial submission, the more difficult that job would be

I can't believe that any non-resident of NM could legally call for the impeachment of that state's governor

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I have a question about all of this, maybe a couple.

Think I mentioned I was flying my US flag upside down as a sign of protest, dire distress and all of having a tyny tyrunt as a governor. While you can certainly comment on your thoughts on that my real question is as follows.

There was a temporary stay put on this to be dealt with permanently in court on 10/3/23. My plan was to fly the flag as such until then, maybe permanently depending on the outcome. Meanwhile, she has “changed” her order to only include parks and play grounds. Which I’m also pretty confident is no better than the entire county, constitutionally wise.

I have not heard anything about a new stay on the new order. So, will we still have a court hearing on the original order that is no longer? Is the parks and playgrounds order legal and binding, if there is no new temporary stay again, specifically on that?

Not so much looking for opinions, I guess more on the order of legal thought. I think we might be on new ground here, but maybe something like this has happened before? When you think about it logically for a little it quickly becomes a crazy rabbit hole, at least for me.

I don’t generally do parks and playgrounds in Albuquerque so that doesn’t specifically affect me. Regardless of your thoughts on an upside down flag, does the temporary stay end my protest in that manner. I think not?

I could probably “protest” something this .gov has done until she is out of office, one way or the other. Sadly, the next one I’m guessing is going to be somehow even worse.

Last edited:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    In related news the guys that shot and killed the 11 year old and severely injured his aunt have been captured. It was not a road rage incident but instead, a gang hit/fight on the wrong, similar vehicle. Additionally, at least one of the two, and likely both was a felon and thus could not have a firearm under multiple existing laws. But the solution was to take the ability to carry guns away from law abiding citizens…….not that she jumped the gun a little here or anything. Whenever someone gets shot the D solution is to take guns away from the people that didn’t do it.

(More than a dozen times) was originally reported as 17 rounds so they basically emptied the mag on them.

Last edited:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Radio News reports said the guy they stopped in Grants with the fentanyl had a bunch of makeup covering his neck tattoos and the officer was suspicious when told it was a TikTok thing. So I’m thinking they had some better pictures than they released to the public, which was a blurry image of a Dodge Dakota SRT. And the Trooper put it together, good for him and also not getting himself shot in the process. This is only speculation on my part. So it looks like one good thing came out ofvTikTok anyway.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Update on New Mexico. Court continues to proceed based on her "New and Improved!" Executive Order. That's not the focus on this posting though . . .

One of the gangbangers who killed the 11 year old that precipitated the Governor's Executive Order was released from jail on an "ankle monitor" without bail. You can't make this stuff up. When looking to find this on the news after hearing about it, I got an eyeful about countless accused murderers in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County being released without bail on ankle monitors. And the Governor is issuing Executive Orders banning guns when she should be issuing them banning criminals, thugs, hoodlums, gangstas and gangbangers. The murder was supposed to be a gang hit on another gangbanger. The vehicle they riddled with holes was the wrong one, containing an innocent family, and not their intended target. "Ban them" and you'll fix the violent crime problem . . . but that won't get her reelected. Her voting base includes all the gangstas and gangbangers -- just like Chicago, St. Louis, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco, etc.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/man-arrested-in-murder-of-11-year-old-boy-released-ahead-of-trial/

Second Legacy also has some info on it in their video:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I have yet to get an e-mail back from John Block. I am hoping that I at least got lost in numerous e-mails and he is taking this serious and not just talking just to get reelected.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    The “Justice” system in Albuquerque/Bernalillo County is pretty much a joke. I believe the city cops that are still around and working have pretty much given up. On a good note, you now see ONE New Mexico State Trooper parked at the city limits coming into ABQ on I-40 west and I-25 south, so I assume that presence is making a huge difference. Probably one parked on south side and west side as well (don’t go that way) to make four our tyny tyrunt has sent to ABQ. Big whoop!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom