New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They take an oath of office to uphold the Constitution. Sadly their constituents very seldom hold them liable. I personally would like to see an all-expense paid trip to Guantanamo Bay for any politician that violates their oath of office. If we the people enact stiffer penalties than our government would be a lot less corrupt.
    It's interesting that there are police who get charged for violating the civil rights of individuals but politicians don't get charged for violating the civil rights of hundreds of thousands of people.

The pen seems to be mightier than the sword and also has less consequences for the wielder.

There needs to be a case brought from a criminal perspective. Throw in some racketeering charges for these politicians colluding to break the law since those seem to stick these days.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    It's interesting that there are police who get charged for violating the civil rights of individuals but politicians don't get charged for violating the civil rights of hundreds of thousands of people.

The pen seems to be mightier than the sword and also has less consequences for the wielder.

There needs to be a case brought from a criminal perspective. Throw in some racketeering charges for these politicians colluding to break the law since those seem to stick hear days.
    lol, I'm sure republican politicians are less protected than the democrat ones. Just saying. But you are spot on.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Our Founders created a Republic to prevent petty tyrants and dictators from doing exactly this. My comments (in blue)

(No ****. It's easy when the legal bills are paid by the same people whose Constitutional Rights are being flagrantly violated.)

The governor said she expects the order to face legal challenges

(I couldn't agree more. Now whatcha gonna do?)

State Sen. Greg Baca, the Senate's top-ranked Republican, denounced the governor's firearm suspension.

"A child is murdered, the perpetrator is still on the loose, and what does the governor do? She ... targets law-abiding citizens with an unconstitutional gun order," Baca said.

(Wrong answer John! The correct answer is: "This unconstitutional unilateral edict will not be enforced.")

Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said in a statement Friday night that he has concerns about the order but is prepared to cooperate to address gun violence.

"While I understand and appreciate the urgency, the temporary ban challenges the foundation of our constitution, which I swore an oath to uphold," Allen said. "I am wary of placing my deputies in positions that could lead to civil liability conflicts, as well as the potential risks posed by prohibiting law-abiding citizens from their constitutional right to self-defense."

csd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yep, all that will happen is taxpayer money will be wasted on the eventual lawsuits. She should be held personally liable. That would stop idiot politicians from passing laws that have no hope of not being overturned due to little things like the fact it's a constitutionally protected right... :rolleyes:
    First step should be that those that enacted the law should have to pay to defend the lawsuit out of thier own pockets. Especially if they expect it to be challenged!

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    "Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”

You got that part right, sister.
    She a lawyer, was a congress woman and is governor. You'd think she would know something about the Bill of Rights.

WAIT a minute! With Hunter being indicted, was it governor Grisham's turn to throw out a new shiny object?

Last edited:

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Go to 31:50 in this video and listen to what this stupid b!tch said about the Constitution and how she feels she has a right to violate your rights under the US Constitution based off her emotions plus feelings. Maybe if these useful idiots type Statist stop putting criminals back out on the streets you wouldn't see the rise in violence from felons and Gangs. What a worthless human parasite piece of garbage..

Last edited:

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this governor's logic. This governor knows that it is unconstitutional, and expects it to be challenged, already getting pushback..... And does it anyway?

The gun ban may or may not be undone by the court but I doubt that was part of the calculation. She now has a 'bold' and 'decisive' plan to brag about at voter meetings and to any camera in a room.

The governor's job isn't to follow the constitution, reduce violence or stop fentanyl. She has a two-word job description; get reelected. If doing good things coincides with getting reelected, that's great. If it doesn't, so what? She'll still be in office.

Maybe I'm cynical.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Go to 31:50 in this video and listen to what this stupid b!tch said about the Constitution and how she feels she has a right to violate your rights under the US Constitution based off her emotions plus feelings. Maybe if these useful idiots type Statist stop putting criminals back out in the streets you wouldn't see the rise in violence from felons and Gangs. What a human worthless human parasite piece of garbage..

IMG_5576.gif

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Maybe I'm cynical.
    I'd have to agree that, yes you are cynical. :thumbsup:
    But I don't believe that's any fault of your own.
    Without knowing you personally, I'd guess that you've been walking this earth long enough to have learned something.
    It might be that government officials, even though they have a facade of caring and concern, may actually have ulterior motives in running for office.
    So don't be dismayed about your cynicism, it's a survival mechanism that experience has built into you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Looks like it isn't very popular with the local law enforcement agencies there

Lujan Grisham said state police would be responsible for enforcing what amount to civil violations. Albuquerque police Chief Harold Medina said he won't enforce it, and Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said he's uneasy about it because it raises too many questions about constitutional rights.

"While I understand and appreciate the urgency, the temporary ban challenges the foundation of our constitution, which I swore an oath to uphold," Allen said. "I am wary of placing my deputies in positions that could lead to civil liability conflicts, as well as the potential risks posed by prohibiting law-abiding citizens from their constitutional right to self-defense."

Enforcing the governor's order also could put Albuquerque police in a difficult position with the U.S. Department of Justice regarding a police reform settlement, said police spokesman Gilbert Gallegos.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    While we are really really good at name calling and posting meme's :n00b:, sadly you gotta hand it to the dems. They always act vs us always reacting.

Where is our side, with a judge putting a legal stop to this?

:dunno:
    Forget a judge, where are the locals with a bucket of tar and a bag full of feathers to haul this twit to the nearest train depot and run her out of town?

Top Bottom