New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    While we are really really good at name calling and posting meme's :n00b:, sadly you gotta hand it to the dems. They always act vs us always reacting.
    They are simply more serious than we are. They have an agenda and they are implementing it. “Our side” simply wants to get elected and hold power….and never do anything with it. Just get re-elected and maybe grift.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Impeachment. For willingly and knowingly violating her oath of office to uphold the constitution.

Sleepy Joe did it too. He passed an EO on immigration that he outright said he knew it wouldn’t stand, but did so to get at least “three or four weeks of what we want before it gets overturned. And that little bit is better than nothing.“(paraphrased)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this governor's logic. This governor knows that it is unconstitutional, and expects it to be challenged, already getting pushback..... And does it anyway?

Because it's not their money.
    Taxpayer money.

If you took the money out of these politicians pockets, for something they even say they know is going to lose, then maybe they'd think about it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is exactly what we told people would be the consequence of supporting and complying with covid emergency orders. Now all the left's stupid BS obsessions will be enforced via arbitrary public health orders from on high.

When you give leftists power, they use it.
    Even if your governor is republican, after the covid stupidity a high priority needs to be forcing quick consultation with the legislature any time emergency powers are invoked

After a week or two, it isn't an emergency any more and they need to prove what they want to do passes muster and doesn't make things worse

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually it will rise in these 30 days since all the sheeple will leave their gats at home. The good guys will still carry as will the bad guys. Only sheep will go without...
    That governor needs to be car jacked and beaten senseless (assuming she has any sense). It certainly opened the eyes of that tool in Minnesota

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Until it's time for another 30 days.
    This ^^^^

From what I read, she has tied it to 'gun violence' standards that only Albuquerque meets (for now). An incident or two in smaller towns could quickly lead to exceeding that standard, whatever it is - and you can bet they will be counting suicides and DGUs as 'gun violence'

"It [They] can't be reasoned with, it [they] can't be bargained with…it doesn't [they don't] feel pity or remorse or fear… and it [they] absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this governor's logic. This governor knows that it is unconstitutional, and expects it to be challenged, already getting pushback..... And does it anyway?
    The order stands until struck down in court. She gets major political points from the hard left and probably has a backroom deal to get dark money from the anti-gun side when she's up for re-election

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    This is a test and only a test. Dems have to try this out at a state level before going national. Got to test the waters to see if sleepy Joe tries this before the next election. Now we wait for the praise from Hollywood on how brave the Governor is and how she cares for the children.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This ^^^^

From what I read, she has tied it to 'gun violence' standards that only Albuquerque meets (for now). An incident or two in smaller towns could quickly lead to exceeding that standard, whatever it is - and you can bet they will be counting suicides and DGUs as 'gun violence'

"It [They] can't be reasoned with, it [they] can't be bargained with…it doesn't [they don't] feel pity or remorse or fear… and it [they] absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.”
    Literally just the covid thing again. Oh nooo, "the numbers" ticked up, we have to lock you down again, sorry no choice, I'm not doing this, it's the "numbers". :rolleyes:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Don‘t all of who are citizens have an obligation to uphold the constitution?

We talk about the politicians who ignore the constitution, what about the citizens who do the same?
    The Constitution limits the government and instructs how the government works and is ran. The supreme law of the land that the government must follow. The laws that congress passes are the laws that govern us as long as they don't infringe the constitution. So I don't understand your question. Unless you are talking about Police and other entities that are not elected that must take the oath.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    So, 30 days.

I guess this means by the time the courts get to it, it will be over, and the courts will rule there is no "standing"?
    Making little rocks out of big ones.
    All they need to do is keep chipping away at the stone.
    3 steps forward and 2 steps back is still progressing forward.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Top Bottom