• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Spent some time with some Winchester super x last night. Very pleased. 10” plate at 50yds , hits every time if I do my part

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here she is....I changed the grips out...Love it...

EA04HJ2XkAIVqON

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I finally put about 30 or 40 rounds through the Wrangler. Loved it! I didn't shoot enough to get used to the sight picture, though, so I didn't really dial it in on the sweet spot. It shoots great and feels just solid. It is a fun little cowboy gun. I pulled out the old Henry Golden Boy to complete the Old West theme. I really love that Henry, too! They are a great combo for some fun at the range. My kids are dying to do just that!

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Finally got mine out to the range today, and put about 100 rounds through it. Very fun, and quite accurate once the shooter learns where to hold. Definitely a keeper, and highly recommended to anyone on the fence wanting a fun, solid shooter; especially given the price of admission.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Picking mine up tonight!

LGS finally got a distributor to send him some.

He told me Friday that he was getting two black and two bronze. I think I'm going to pick up one of the black ones.

I also happen to be first on the list. :woot:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Little bit of a range report about the Wrangler:

Good, solid feel when handling. The weight is a lot more than I expected. The black Cerakote finish is pretty nice. The hammer appears to be MIM. I'm guessing a lot of the internals are at this price point.

The trigger and hemmer felt pretty gritty at first but that has gone away. I have about two hundred rounds through mine now. The trigger has just a little bit of creep before the break. The break isn't the greatest but it is definite (as opposed to mushy ill-defined break-point triggers).

Surprising little felt recoil/muzzle flip. This is a very gentle gun to shoot. It does not seem to be very forgiving for pulling the trigger too hard during shooting. It is easy to end up shooting off to the side of where intended. Maybe some different grips would help with that. At 20 yards I'm getting a lot of hits at 7 o'clock on 8 inch plates.

The sights are about as basic as what you would expect for a plinker in this price range. The book says that they are preset for 15 yards.

Two inch groups at 7 yards is pretty easy, lots of rounds in the center with a few outliers. Someone said, "minute of popcan". I'll second that.

The Wrangler is a fun little plinker. It cleans up nicely and pretty easily. I'm glad I bought one.

A couple critical comments:

The trigger pull is okay for what it is, but kids and ladies might have a problem thumbing back the hammer. I was hoping for something to add to my "trainer" group of firearms but this might not be a first go-to gun. I was surprised at how stout the hammer spring is. A friend of mine (lady) is certainly going to struggle with it.

The load-gate is also pretty stiff. to open. An afternoon of reloading adds a little tenderness to the fingertips. It isn't all that bad either, but once again, smaller/weaker hands might struggle with it a bit.

I hope everyone else is enjoying theirs as much as I enjoy mine.

Top Bottom