• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks like the range trip is a go! Taking a variety of ammo, from CCI standard velocity, up to CCI Stingers, and a few in between to see what it likes. :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Hickok45 release a video a few days ago. Makes me want one even more. Must... resist....

[video=youtube;2uaGCSP5F7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uaGCSP5F7A[/video]

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Still waiting. I called Bradis and they had no info on when they'll see silver or bronze. I also stopped and checked Copperhead Ridge. Nothing there, either.

Can't wait to hear the range report. That will help pass the time.

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Anxious to see these in person. Somehow we missed them at the NRA Convention. We did enjoy seeing the historic displays of vintage Ruger products. So much cool history to view.

I am thinking a bronze model along with a (potential) future OD model would be great to take home!

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hickok45 release a video a few days ago. Makes me want one even more. Must... resist....

[video=youtube;2uaGCSP5F7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uaGCSP5F7A[/video]

Resistance is futile, you will be asimulated.

I have no need for one, but, if I see one , any color, it will be going home with me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Took mine out this morning and loved it! Took me a couple of cylinders to get the feel for the sights, but after that it was spot on with just about every type of ammo. I think if I had to pick its favorite, it was probably the Winchester Super X, but it did well with Mini-mags as well. Surprisingly (to me), it didn't seem to shoot the Stingers as well as some of the standard and regular high velocity stuff. I was just shooting steel plates and did find that I had to hit them a little high to knock them down (plate rack), so didn't try for any groupings. Definitely a keeper! :)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Ok, big queston: What color leather should the holster be? I'm leaning toward black, but maybe brown would pop with that burnt bronze? Opinions welcome!

sLmayb5.jpg

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Ok, big queston: What color leather should the holster be? I'm leaning toward black, but maybe brown would pop with that burnt bronze? Opinions welcome!

sLmayb5.jpg

Nope,

Big question, How's it shoot? You've had it for three days, ordered a holster already and no range report? :stickpoke:

My LGS claims they can't get anyone to send them one. There is some sort of waiting line but no-one has said anything about signing up. I'm hoping it is exceptional customer service and they have already put me at the top of the list! I stop in every Friday. The guy behind the counter asks me how I'm doing. I ask him if they have what I'm looking for. He says, "Nope". I tell him to have a good day and turn around and leave.

At this point, just hanging around is causing me to spend more money than I intended. I keep telling myself that it is only 200 bucks, certainly there must be some leftover money to buy some accessories, or primers, or a little more powder, or magazines for something else, or some cleaning supplies...

This $200 pistol has started to get kind of expensive. I think it is a conspiracy. As long as I keep showing up and buying other things, they ain't gonna sell me one.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Alright deo62, thanks for responding. What kind of ammo you using? Does it really effect the overall accuracy that much?

Is that minute of pop can at 7 yards? 15 yards? The Hickock45 vid made it look acceptably accurate.

I'm thinking fun plinker, not single-six.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    CCI leadhead. About 25 yds. Haven’t had a lot of time with it yet. It’s acceptable for a plinker.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Karl. I had the same discussion with a sale associate at Midwest last week. I said you guys are a distributor. You probably make more money selling them wholesale than what you can make selling them here. He said probably, but that is not his decision to make. I agreed.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Nope,

Big question, How's it shoot? You've had it for three days, ordered a holster already and no range report? :stickpoke:

My LGS claims they can't get anyone to send them one. There is some sort of waiting line but no-one has said anything about signing up. I'm hoping it is exceptional customer service and they have already put me at the top of the list! I stop in every Friday. The guy behind the counter asks me how I'm doing. I ask him if they have what I'm looking for. He says, "Nope". I tell him to have a good day and turn around and leave.

At this point, just hanging around is causing me to spend more money than I intended. I keep telling myself that it is only 200 bucks, certainly there must be some leftover money to buy some accessories, or primers, or a little more powder, or magazines for something else, or some cleaning supplies...

This $200 pistol has started to get kind of expensive. I think it is a conspiracy. As long as I keep showing up and buying other things, they ain't gonna sell me one.

Lol! Working too much and preparing to head up to Oshkosh for the big air show Thursday! I'm going to try and take 30 minutes tomorrow evening and put a few rounds downrange. The holster came today. It was under 30 bucks and is really nice. It fits perfectly. I'll post pics in a bit.

I did about the same thing as you. I must have bugged the heck out of the guys at Bradis. They got a black one in a few weeks ago and I turned it down, hoping for a silver or bronze. Man, it took forever, but it was worth it. I've looked over every millimeter of this gun and I can't find a flaw in the fit and finish. If it shoots as good as it looks, it will be a winner!

Top Bottom