• ...and so much more!
  • Sig 1911 TacOps Vs HK USP45 Tactical

• Total voters

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    I have the Sig Scorpion 1911 and it is great! I love the 4lb trigger pull, it compares (to me) to the Ed Brown model 1911. The same serrations, the same take town for cleaning, the G10 Grips are not going to let go, it has the Lines per inch in the front and back of the pistol grip. The Cerakote finish is great. I don't know what the long term will work out as to the finish but I posted 2" grouping, first time out. (After getting used to point of aim and point of impact) I had a Colt Chip McCormick that was sent out to Lew Horton and refined/customized. The only thing that has on this, was the Colt medalions on the grips were real Gold. The Sig doesn't have that! But it is every bit the weapon Colt / Lew Horton customized. I have not shot the Ed Brown, it will be a keepsake for family. It was 2300 and Sig was 950. I run the Chip McCormick clips and Wilson Combat Clips without any problems. As for the H&K, I have a 9mm that I love and it is great for carry. When I carry the 1911 it is heavier and the extra clips make things harder. I use a shoulder holster and that helps with the weight. But if you are going to carry more than 2 clips, makes for a long day. But I know that the knockdown power of 1911's are great. I can carry more ammo with a 9 or 40 and less weight. I can also get great shot placement with either. So if I am dealing with someone with body armor, I will need all the 1911 has or head shot. If just SD and going to regular haunts, I will and do carry the 9mm/40 depends on the day.
    As for have a use for all the weapons I own, that is something I think that is up to the user. I use a 12 gauge or a 44 magnum for deer hunting. It would work for HD weapon too. So do I need to get rid of all weapons but my 12 gauge and 9mm/1911?
    Sometimes it depends on the weather as to what I will carry. A person with a coat and some extra layers of clothing, my need more than my 9mm to stop. In the summer and a tank top and jeans is another story. So like clothes can make a difference what I might need for the day. My wife might be carrying a revolver because it is full proof, some what, so should you carry a revolver only and get rid of everything except the 1911 - the 12 gauge and 9mm? If you have a young child and going to the range for training on his new 22. Do I want to wait till he can handle the 12 gauge before I take him out? Because I sold all the other stuff I didn't use at the time.
    Pro's and Con's about weapons are great if you are going to buy one. But if you have both of them already, then unless you need the money or in your case what a change, why get rid of them. A 50.00 SKS you bought back in 1990's is sitting in the safe and you haven't shot it in awhile. So you sold it for 50.00.
    Now try to buy one for 50.00? Is that even possible. Are you just one of those guys who says, I will not pay 300.00 for one! The AK was another example of that. A "real" AK was about 250.00 Now it can be as high as 1000.00 for one with little wear.
    I have yet to hear of someone wearing one out though.
    I have bought and sold some weapons and keep records for personal reasons, I don't fault anyone for trying to make a decision about they new purchase. I bought a new shotgun and then sold it before I got home. A guy offered more money than I paid for it! A perfect reason to sell or not?
    Good luck with your telling the members about your personal pro's and con's.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Ive owned the USP Tactical, trigger never felt right and the sights were cheap and hard to see. The FNP 45 Tactical would be a better contender, cheaper, NIGHT SIGHTS, trigger feels better and the grip isnt as fat.

But 1911 vs H&K? Ill take the 1911.

yes the FN!

jake

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Update: I finally got to shoot the Sig Tac Ops..... HOLY CRAP CAN I SHOOT THIS THING FAST AND ACCURATE!!!!! This gun is great! I will say it had a little less recoil compared to the HK, but again the sig weights 41.6oz empty!!! Either way it is a great gun. I do however have to get used to the point of impact being above the front sight and not the point it is covering up. Again, not a flaw at all, just something I need to practice. Both of these guns are great!!! But, I will tell you the latest updates now...
    1. Sig has less recoil than HK
    2. Sig has a shorter reset than HK
    3. I can get a very high grip on the 1911 and the safety isn't in the way. It's not really a problem with the HK, but it is more comfortable with the 1911.
    4. Both are crazy accurate (both more so than I am)
    5. Both have shoot enough rounds for me to save I am confident in their reliability (Sig 200 rnds [100 of which I shoot as fast as I could to see how it fed], HK 700 rnds).
    6. Both already have night sights.
    7. HK has a much nicer finish and I would try to take it everywhere with me.
    8. HK's night sights are tall so when I get my suppressor it wont be covered by the suppressor nearly as much (although I know it still will). Plus the sights are adjustable, which helped with the really long shots, and HKs sights are brighter at night.

These updates along with the original Pros and Cons (some my be repeats) are my thoughts on these guns.

By the way, here are some pictures of my USP 45 Tac and Sig 1911.

634614492543820334b0xm4csy.jpg

634614492563008580uhwsenid.jpg

6346144925867208843dlxxvia.jpg

Again, both the USP 45 Tactical and the Sig Tac Ops 1911 have exceeded my expectations and minus a few "flaws" that are truly based on an individual's preferences I would say they are equal where it counts.... Reliable, Accurate, Lethal, Fun.

Last edited:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    4. The Sig 1911 frame is not rounded like the standard 1911, making finding a holster a little harder. I would love to find both a leather holster (which I have found a few online) and a holster that will also work with the TRL-1 light attached.

I have a Blackhawk SERPA Holster - For 1911 with or without rail. It fits the Sig 1911 Tacops TB absolutely perfectly. It doesn't afford the ability to have an attachment on the rail but it's a smooth fit.

Top Bottom