• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Finally granted ATFE approval, GSG is soon to market a reproduction of the Stg 44 in .22lr, complete with wooden shipping crate.

I really hope they run. How cool would it to see reproductions of say the FG42 or the Haenel's Gerat 06?:D

GSG Stg44 rifle | The Firearm Blog*

Photo from The Firearm Blog:

*This post is for information, not to endorse any wicked, evil political philosophy.

Last edited:

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    That looks super awesome! I remember seeing pics of it last year. I hope they do start selling them soon. I think they had a .22 MP40 too I wish they would make a half scale MG44 in .22

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Im not interested in one in .22, but if someone would offer a semiauto variant in 7.92x33mm Kurz id find a way or make a way to get one this time. The ones produced by Recon Ordnance a couple years ago sold for $4995 and limited to just 200 units, all of which were presold before production was completed. I was devastated! I would love nothing more than to own a Sturmgewehr StG44. Think ill shut the computer now and just cry a bit, LOL.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Im not interested in one in .22, but if someone would offer a semiauto variant in 7.92x33mm Kurz id find a way or make a way to get one this time.

Ummm, they have, several of them in fact.

SSD makes a cool copy that Marstar-Canada imports, about 2,500 Canadian.

Here's a Canadian with one (one can tell because he puts his shooting glasses on his head:D):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1QKlX1wDLg[/ame]

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Finally granted ATFE approval, GSG is soon to market a reproduction of the Stg 44 in .22lr, complete with wooden shipping crate.

I really hope they run. How cool would it to see reproductions of say the FG42 or the Haenel's Gerat 06?:D

I hope so, but to be honest I will believe it when it hits the stores.. They have been promising this thing for the last 3 years and it almost seems like it is always just around the corner... (Now that I was publicly negative about it they will be in the stores tomorrow)

On a serious note, how long to wait to buy this thing, do you want to be at the front of the line??? I hate the front of the line for a New gun, you are debugging the gun and mailing it back for fixes. But then the back of the line stinks, "6 on back order Now you can be no 7" :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They look nice, but are they available in the us market?

Several different companies (Ohio, Diva Arsenal, inter alia) have made semi auto only (Title I) StG44s including the PTR44 for the US market.

The Legendary StG 44 is coming stateside | The Firearm Blog

You will not find them on the shelf at Jasper's Gun, Pawn & Bait as the numbers are very small but like Le Clarion they do exist for the serious collector.

If you get one, ensure that you bring it to an INGO shoot. It will be very popular.:D

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I hope that they actually do sell this year. They were at last years shot show along with a 22lr MP40 and I never heard anything after that

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I hope that they actually do sell this year. They were at last years shot show along with a 22lr MP40 and I never heard anything after that
    The mp40 is allegedly in the very early stages of development/approval & won't be available for quite awhile.

archy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Oaktown/Vincennes ar
    They turn up in Africa every now and again, too. Back when we wee in Somalia the Rangers ran into a few of them in irresponsible hands.

http://claus.espeholt.dk/billeder/mp44/negermp44.jpg
    negermp44.jpg

Top Bottom