• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Your WAY overthinking it. If you shoulder an AR correctly you will notice your head sits higher on the stock than it does with a bolt action. You want the center of the scope's eyepeice in the center of your eye when shouldered correctly. If your eye is in the center of what you have pictured your doing it wrong.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yea I noticed I don't really smash my face into the savage to make the center of the eyepiece line up, I guess I was shooting for comfort instead of low bore axis. I fully admit I overthink pretty much everything.
    I do not get down as low as I do on the AR with the savage having the scope as high as it is. I guess this is the issue.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yea I noticed I don't really smash my face into the savage to make the center of the eyepiece line up, I guess I was shooting for comfort instead of low bore axis. I fully admit I overthink pretty much everything.
    I do not get down as low as I do on the AR with the savage having the scope as high as it is. I guess this is the issue.

Your cheek bone should sit on the stock of both rifles. That puts the center of the scope 1.47ish above the bore of an AR, and 1.0ish above the bore of the bolt action. You should be extending your neck fully, and just ploping the bone down on the stock.

Top Bottom