• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Just picked this up. Got what I thought was a good deal, $150. All numbers match. Its not in to bad of shape, just dirty as hell. ACC Intl/Intrac, has a triangle 36 and I dont know anything else about it or SKS's. It does shoot but stove pipes about every 5th round and the bolt wont stay open on the last shot. I'm thinking its either the magazine, dirt or both.

Anyone have any usefull tips or websites they would care to share?

sks4.jpg

sks2.jpg

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    You did well...that's a good looking SKS...want your $ back?
    There is an absolute TON of info on survivors sks boards. I would suggest a THOROUGH cleaning and ditch the 30 round mag. Buy a 20 round tapco...they perform much better in my experience. FMJ ammo works way better than JHP also due to the lack of a feed ramp. The only other upgrade I would suggest is a spring loaded firing pin to prevent slam fires, but that isn't a necessity. I ordered one and next time I clean mine I'm gonna install it. I haven't had a slam fire but I don't want one either.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I had the same problem with my bolt not locking open with a different mag. The Factory 10 rnd mag has a piece of wire that pushes up the bolt-hold open piece, most detachable's do not. No experience with the Tapco's but have heard good things about it. You got an awesome deal though!

Question, is the cleaning kit still in the butt-stock of it? It's a little hidden secret if you are new to SKS's.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Firing PIN

You did well...that's a good looking SKS...want your $ back?
    There is an absolute TON of info on survivors sks boards. I would suggest a THOROUGH cleaning and ditch the 30 round mag. Buy a 20 round tapco...they perform much better in my experience. FMJ ammo works way better than JHP also due to the lack of a feed ramp. The only other upgrade I would suggest is a spring loaded firing pin to prevent slam fires, but that isn't a necessity. I ordered one and next time I clean mine I'm gonna install it. I haven't had a slam fire but I don't want one either.

This is great advice... the Murrays Firing Pin Kit is simple to install, and great way to prevent an accidental "full auto" surprise. My sks was filthy when I bought it too. Some of that foaming barrel cleaner and a pipe cleaner is good for the gas valve. But fairly simple rifle to disassemble. It was my first semi auto rifle too. Good way to learn. SKS Man, Murrays, and Kivarri are some good names to remember as you own this rifle. Have Fun!

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    You got a good deal. What 'TwinSix' said: fairly simple to disassemble. There is a TON of info on google, youtube, etc.,etc. My call, clean it to the bone. Then shoot the heck out of it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's a great rifle at a fantastic price. I paid over $300 for my Norinco a couple of years ago. It's been a great rifle. One thing that helps them a lot is a set of TechSights apeture sights. It gives a huge increase in the sight radius and has proven to retain zero after being removed many times for cleaning. Congrats on the find.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I had the same problem with my bolt not locking open with a different mag. The Factory 10 rnd mag has a piece of wire that pushes up the bolt-hold open piece, most detachable's do not. No experience with the Tapco's but have heard good things about it. You got an awesome deal though!

Question, is the cleaning kit still in the butt-stock of it? It's a little hidden secret if you are new to SKS's.

The cleaning kit was in the butt stock. I took it out but now the flapper thing wont close. I need to find a bayonet. Any good sorces for one?

Thanks all for the replies. tips and help!

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    The cleaning kit was in the butt stock. I took it out but now the flapper thing wont close. I need to find a bayonet. Any good sorces for one?

Thanks all for the replies. tips and help!
    i just bubba'd a norinco cuz the stock was so beat up, and i have all the pieces you need though spike bayonet, 10 rd attached box mag and a butt plate with working trap door $30.00 pm if interested

Top Bottom