• ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    ooops

Thanks jason765 but I have found what I needed.

I just had it slam fire. I loaded 20 rounds in the mag, racked a round in the chamber, went to fire and nothing. I noticed the bolt hadnt fully closed so I gave it smack with the palm of my hand and "bang" it fired off a round. (I had it pointed down range and at the lower part of the backstop.) I felt a stinging in the palm of hand and noticed a good portion of flesh missing. Dont worry about the missing flesh though, I found it on the knurled knob. :D Guess I wont be golfing for a few days.

I wont be firing the SKS until its fixed.

Not for the squimish ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Scrub that baby....If you ever want to try different sights try Tech-Sights. They make a world of difference in accuracy and you don't have to make any permanent changes to the rifle...

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The rifle was cleaned before I shot it earlier today. It's the junk magazine thats causing the problem. I'm picking up the original 10 rounder Monday.

It did and still does hurt. I also bruised the crap out of my palm. If only I had been wearing my gloves....lol. What really sucks is that it hurts to much to shoot or golf, two of my favorite stress relievers.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Scrub that baby....If you ever want to try different sights try Tech-Sights. They make a world of difference in accuracy and you don't have to make any permanent changes to the rifle...

WAIT! Are you telling me to scrub my wound? Wouldnt that hurt even more?

I'll look into the Tech-Sights, the Murrays Firing Pin Kit and a Tapco 20 round mag.

TRAPPERDAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    I bought one way back when for $90, looked rough, but took it apart completely, lubed it loaded it shot 100 rnds through it and never missed a lick, surpriseingly accurate. GOOD LUCK!

Top Bottom