• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I want to start this thread by reiterating the obvious that the tragedy in Newtown was gut wrenching and a dark hour for our nation. I cannot imagine the pain the families affected by this shooting are feeling...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/newtown...x1LXMtZ292ZXJubWVudARwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

With that being said, if someone wants to talk to me about apples I am more than obliged to talk to them about apples. Additionally, if the conversation becomes boring and shifts to oranges I will graciously speak at length about oranges. However, I am not one to banter back and forth with someone when apples and oranges are debated without recognizing these are two very unique fruits.

The liberal left continues to use these people as pawns when discussing "common sense"/"sensible" gun legislation. At the end of the day universal background checks would not have saved this community. An armed school employee may have. A better assessment of the mental health of the shooter may have. The mother making certain the guns were inaccessible to her deranged son may have.

The beginning of this debate was filled with proposals for all out bans of AR's and high capacity magazines KNOWING that it would not pass. The liberals have from the beginnig been honing in on a compromise designed to be a "foot in the door" so to speak.

This, of course, is all propoganda designed to tug at the heart strings of Americans. I feel their pain in spirit, but I also have every intention of protecting my family from anyone that may harm them so I don't have to feel their pain in reality.:patriot:

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    There no doubt that the event on that day was a tragedy, but the people of that community are being used and brought into the liberals debate about something that would not have prevented this tragedy. Unfortunately, criminal just dont obey the law ... Period. I mean, how many did he break on that day? Then you look at Pastor Rick Warren son who buys a gun off of the internet and commits suicide with this gun. Now, California already has this legislation there. You can not buy firearms and you have to do background checks on all firearms. I know that he did not kill anyone, but this shows you that this legislation will not have any real impact.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm sure we all agree that the Newtown incident was horrifically tragic but that is all the more reason not to let emotion rule the day. Especially when it concerns possible legislation that could have an impact on Constitutional rights for everyone.

The Obama administration and the action of those who wish to curb Constitutional 2A rights have demonstrated that they have no problem playing the emotion card and will use the victims as well as their relatives to push the agenda forward.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What is really disgusting is that the Messiah used his weekly radio message to parade the victims parents around and use them as a political pawn. That man really disgusts me.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I agree. Building support for your views on the bodies of dead children is more than reprehensible. The fact that the people taking advantage of these poor souls know that any new laws are meaningless simply proves that it isn't about gun control but about people control. The leaders of the anti-gun movement know that criminals and madmen don't care what the law is which means it is just a ploy to control the law-abiding citizen and thus concentrate power in the hands of those that "know what is good for us".

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Shame on the men in Washington for using a truly tragic event for propaganda purposes. They don't care about the heart-break that occured at Newtown. They just want to use the emotions to drive their agenda. They don't care a lick about the children they say they're trying to protect.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Let me start by saying I have read all of the previous post and share the same opinion. I also want to say that I have not purchased my first gun yet, still looking.

That being said, I am sick and tired of the media shoving these liberal opinions down my throat and trying to influence the public to submit to sacrifice our rights.

My question then, is anyone/group publicly campaigning for our rights? I just don't see it happening except on some YouTube channels and some forums.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Just watched the movie The Campaign on dvd there was a quote from Ross Perot i believe it said ''In boxing there are rules, in mud wrestling there are rules ,in politics there are no rules ''

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Shame on the men in Washington for using a truly tragic event for propaganda purposes. They don't care about the heart-break that occured at Newtown. They just want to use the emotions to drive their agenda. They don't care a lick about the children they say they're trying to protect.

If only those bast*rds were capable of having shame.

IMNSHO any SOB that voted for "gun free zone" legislation has Newton blood on their hands.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So we are supposed to change national policy because of listening to the parents of victims?

Then why aren't we parading around the parents of children that have been killed by cars, bats, beaten by their own family, chemicals, swimming pools, etc???

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ANY parent that uses the tragic death of their child to further some political agenda that they know only harms law-abiding citizens is a scumbag.

ANY parent or person that allows themself to be used to further some political agenda that they know only harms law-abiding citizen is a scumbag, AND stupid.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Waving the bloody shirt, its a term used by pundits to try and get sympathy for their agenda. A disarmed populace is a controled populace, Newtown is/was a tragedy, so is the assault on the 2nd ammendment.

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    I wonder what would happen if some common sense were applied to this situation. I would love to ask this question to any of these people: what about the events in Newtown were legal? What effect would any new law have to those willing to disobey the current laws? It seems very simple to me in this context. I do realize politicians never let facts get in the way of a good argument though.........frustrating.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Disarming everyone for the actions of a few crazy people is like castrating all men because one decided to become a serial rapist.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I am sick of these parents, and the Giffords, they are a bunch of tools and fools.
    I would hate to think that I would allow my self to be used by the media and that slobbering pos we call a president!

How is it that they get a free ride on AF1 to espouse their anti constitutional drivel. Shouldn't

the opposing view get parity, and equal radio time, from prince Obama.

Top Bottom