• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    not me! I think you mean Tyler, though I do have videos of you.

That's what I meant. LOL.

:n00b:

I'm going to TRY to at least get some pics up today. I think there are probably a couple hundred on my camera. Might take some time.

-J-

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It's early Monday morning now, and I'm back at home perusing the threads from this weekend and reliving some of the moments. What an excellent event!

I will echo everyone and give a huge thanks to lovemywoods for providing the venue. We'd be hard-pressed to find a place like that without restrictions up in town anywhere. A separate thanks is needed for all the prep work he did that no one saw, but enjoyed the benefits of. As always, the food and ribs were awesome!

We added 2 new vendors this year, and I want to congratulate Doug (Slow Hand) and Bob (Rotor Talker) on making their first NFA Day a total success! They integrated well into the setup, and we really appreciate what they brought to this year's event, literally and figuratively. :D

Mark (shooter521), Craig (bigcraig), and Nick (VUPDblue)-- as always, you guys rock, and we appreciate all the planning efforts you put into the weekend, as well as lugging ALL that gear down. You guys have a small fortune in rifle cases alone. . . .

To those that were able to make it down to NFA Day 2009-- THANK YOU! You made all of our planning and hosting efforts totally worth it! The smiles on all your faces were priceless! I think everyone got an up-close and personal education in NFA weapons, and even broke down some common NFA myths.

As I was telling someone this weekend, you're never quite sure what kind of group you're gonna get when you let 25 strangers from the internet come and shoot full-auto guns at your house :n00b:, but this group impressed me. Everyone practiced safe gun handling, even those who've had little exposure to firearms in general. Everyone was respectful of lovemywoods' house and property, and no major messes/accidents/damage were left.

tyler34 - thanks for letting me whittle on that tree with your uber-cool knife. You've got quite an impressive collection of hard-use stuff. Also, those baked beans were the best I've EVER had!

Chefcook - I was glad to see Wesley having a good time. I hope he enjoyed his venture out into the sticks.

colt45er - It was great meeting your Dad. Did you say he came in from DC? Because he got geared up more like someone from Montana! :D

mettle - Tell your wife those Hershey kiss cookies were awesome! Good luck on your psych paper.

Clay - Give a big thanks to your wife and in-laws for letting you break away for the day!

danielocean03, Nuke-In-Indy, theweakerbrother, hotfarmboy1, cj5muddslinger, Flintlock, alfahornet, ZbornacSVT, Andyccw, Indy_Guy_77, and ol' techres - You guys flat rocked the socks off those gun! Thanks for coming down and enjoying the day with us.

Till next year. . . .

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    It's early Monday morning now, and I'm back at home perusing the threads from this weekend and reliving some of the moments. What an excellent event!

I will echo everyone and give a huge thanks to lovemywoods for providing the venue. We'd be hard-pressed to find a place like that without restrictions up in town anywhere. A separate thanks is needed for all the prep work he did that no one saw, but enjoyed the benefits of. As always, the food and ribs were awesome!

We added 2 new vendors this year, and I want to congratulate Doug (Slow Hand) and Bob (Rotor Talker) on making their first NFA Day a total success! They integrated well into the setup, and we really appreciate what they brought to this year's event, literally and figuratively. :D

Mark (shooter521), Craig (bigcraig), and Nick (VUPDblue)-- as always, you guys rock, and we appreciate all the planning efforts you put into the weekend, as well as lugging ALL that gear down. You guys have a small fortune in rifle cases alone. . . .

To those that were able to make it down to NFA Day 2009-- THANK YOU! You made all of our planning and hosting efforts totally worth it! The smiles on all your faces were priceless! I think everyone got an up-close and personal education in NFA weapons, and even broke down some common NFA myths.

As I was telling someone this weekend, you're never quite sure what kind of group you're gonna get when you let 25 strangers from the internet come and shoot full-auto guns at your house :n00b:, but this group impressed me. Everyone practiced safe gun handling, even those who've had little exposure to firearms in general. Everyone was respectful of lovemywoods' house and property, and no major messes/accidents/damage were left.

tyler34 - thanks for letting me whittle on that tree with your uber-cool knife. You've got quite an impressive collection of hard-use stuff. Also, those baked beans were the best I've EVER had!

Chefcook - I was glad to see Wesley having a good time. I hope he enjoyed his venture out into the sticks.

colt45er - It was great meeting your Dad. Did you say he came in from DC? Because he got geared up more like someone from Montana! :D

mettle - Tell your wife those Hershey kiss cookies were awesome! Good luck on your psych paper.

Clay - Give a big thanks to your wife and in-laws for letting you break away for the day!

danielocean03, Nuke-In-Indy, theweakerbrother, hotfarmboy1, cj5muddslinger, Flintlock, alfahornet, ZbornacSVT, Andyccw, Indy_Guy_77, and ol' techres - You guys flat rocked the socks off those gun! Thanks for coming down and enjoying the day with us.

Till next year. . . .

TY esrice, Wesley said he enjoyed the day immensely, he like the rest of us loved the MP-5, however he said he liked shooting the pistols most. I guess this puts me on a quest for a pair of Ruger Mark III's It looks as if he might want to start going to Friday night steel, he really likes shooting the steel plates. He was trying to figure out how to play a tune on the plates to the left lol...:D

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    It was an AWESOME day!!!! A huge thanks to the Rice family and all the vendors that let us play with all the great "toys"...
    I learned that my wife can sleep through full auto fire and the Saiga 12 with the 20 round drum going non-stop, all within 50 feet of her...:):
    I'm sorry we had to leave early (and then make the line cold AGAIN to retreave a retainer) but I had a blast, and on the drive up to Indy Amy was asking all kinds of questions, so I think a Gemtech may be in my near future.:rockwoot:
    Thanks again to everyone.
    -Andy

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I learned that my wife can sleep through full auto fire and the Saiga 12 with the 20 round drum going non-stop, all within 50 feet of her...:):

Dude, that was AMAZING! I don't know how she did it! Must be good earpro? :dunno:

I know Mom has a picture of her 'in sleep mode', so we'll have to get that posted up.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Wouldn't that make a killer school project? :D

He and I were just talking about firepower and watched this on UTUBE. We need to get one of these somehow. Maybe then I could hit the watermelon... I am guessing since this is a new weapon there wont be any for civilians, and that absolutely breaks our hearts...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrizaO-X00&feature=related"]YouTube - AA-12 Shotgun On Future Weapons[/ame]

Last edited:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN

Well he lives here (Avon) but is working full time in DC for about 9 months. So even though this is home, he is only here about once a month or so.

-Andy

Dude, the first time I walked by here I thought, "She doesn't look like she is having a good time" Then a few minutes later she hadn't moved. I was shocked.....She actual fell asleep!!! It must have been the toons lil' Chefcook was playin on the steel with the .22

Wouldn't that make a killer school project? :D

Oh that would be awesome!!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Lost and found!

As I've been cleaning up around the place I've found a few items. I've found owners for all but one so far.

Someone left a nice black camp chair in a black cloth bag. It was propped up next to a tree in our side yard on Saturday. Still there after everyone left on Sunday. If it's yours, let me know and we can work out a way to get it back to you.

Really enjoyed having everyone here. It doesn't get much better...good shooting, good friends, and good food!:rockwoot:

Thanks and God bless America!:patriot: (We couldn't have had NFA Day in most other foreign countries like Australia, England, Illinois,or California....)

lovemywoods

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    NFADay2009003.jpg

NFADay2009015.jpg

NFADay2009025.jpg

NFADay2009027.jpg

Status