• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Point Blank has some policies I don't like, such as taking D/L info if purchasing ammo. I try to get my ammo elsewhere, but sometimes PB is the only option.

Considering the way that ATF can put the hammer down on a firearms-related business, checking for valid paperwork on NFA items does not seem unreasonable. The level of vitriol about the situation is an overreaction IMO. Sometimes a business will change a policy based on customer feedback, but I wouldn't bet on this being one of those times.

Life is too short to get wound up over minor inconveniences.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Yes. In the swamp. Folks were doing some open air dealing while a third subject was witnessed stashing a gun of some sort. The cops closed the bolt, put a dowel rod down the barel and measured it. Sawed off shotgun.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Point Blank has some policies I don't like, such as taking D/L info if purchasing ammo. I try to get my ammo elsewhere, but sometimes PB is the only option.

Considering the way that ATF can put the hammer down on a firearms-related business, checking for valid paperwork on NFA items does not seem unreasonable. The level of vitriol about the situation is an overreaction IMO. Sometimes a business will change a policy based on customer feedback, but I wouldn't bet on this being one of those times.

Life is too short to get wound up over minor inconveniences.

Its not a matter of getting wound up over a minor inconvenience. It's more about a business setting a policy that goes way beyond their scope. As has been said, they can set any policy they want, and I can refuse to do business with them, and I can express my displeasure about it online.

I spent this afternoon at a range I had never been to, with people I had never met. It was a fundraiser for IMPD SWAT. I had two suppressed SBRs with me, and not one person asked to see a single stamp. Great place and great group of guys.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I agree with Point Blank being able to set their own policies, but I would never abide by them or use their facility for any reason.

Well, I might go there with an SBR lower configured as a pistol with a Sig Brace and shoulder it in front of god and everyone...

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Its not a matter of getting wound up over a minor inconvenience. It's more about a business setting a policy that goes way beyond their scope. As has been said, they can set any policy they want, and I can refuse to do business with them, and I can express my displeasure about it online.

I spent this afternoon at a range I had never been to, with people I had never met. It was a fundraiser for IMPD SWAT. I had two suppressed SBRs with me, and not one person asked to see a single stamp. Great place and great group of guys.

I quit arguing with people over this. I state my opinion/facts and go on. I've found they are too inarticulate to listen so I just save my breath/typing.

I planned on going to Indy Arms but my grand daughters Nutcracker Ballet kind of got in the way. It seems a cute little 8 year old can send papw's plans into the ground! I've liked IA since they opened but don't get to make it over there very often. I agree they are a great group of guys and even more so that they have a new manager! This guy really knows his stuff. The place he left has gone into the ****ter but it wasn't his choice in leaving so I really don't feel bad about it.
    Dan

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    That combination is not possible.
    How so?

Most all federal SBRs are handguns for State law purposes.

IC 35-47-1-6
    "Handgun"
    Sec. 6. "Handgun" means any firearm:
    (1) designed or adapted so as to be aimed and fired from one (1) hand, regardless of barrel length; or
    (2) any firearm with:
    (A) a barrel less than sixteen (16) inches in length; or
    (B) an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Did somebody say TiRant?

attachment.php

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How so?

Most all federal SBRs are handguns for State law purposes.

IC 35-47-1-6
    "Handgun"
    Sec. 6. "Handgun" means any firearm:
    (1) designed or adapted so as to be aimed and fired from one (1) hand, regardless of barrel length; or
    (2) any firearm with:
    (A) a barrel less than sixteen (16) inches in length; or
    (B) an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.
    Well since federal law trumps the state law it doesn't matter anyways

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Well since federal law trumps the state law it doesn't matter anyways

No, it absolutely does matter. If you're being prosecuted for a state charge they are going to prosecute you using the state definition. You need a LTCH to carry most SBRs.

In this context, the supremacy clause means that the states can't prevent the feds from prosecuting you for a federal offense, not that the states can't pass their own criminal statutes defining their own crimes.

In a state of Indiana prosecution, the federal definition is irrelevant.

It is somewhat similar to how the old short barreled shotgun statute worked. Federally, you could get a tax stamp and possess one in Indiana without violating federal law. However, Indiana state law blanketly prohibited them, so even if you jumped through the federal hoops, you could still be prosecuted in Indiana for violating the state law.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No, it absolutely does matter. If you're being prosecuted for a state charge they are going to prosecute you using the state definition. You need a LTCH to carry most SBRs.

In this context, the supremacy clause means that the states can't prevent the feds from prosecuting you for a federal offense, not that the states can't pass their own criminal statutes defining their own crimes.

In a state of Indiana prosecution, the federal definition is irrelevant.

It is somewhat similar to how the old short barreled shotgun statute worked. Federally, you could get a tax stamp and possess one in Indiana without violating federal law. However, Indiana state law blanketly prohibited them, so even if you jumped through the federal hoops, you could still be prosecuted in Indiana for violating the state law.
    Ok I see what you're saying now. Thanks for explaining it to my dumb ass lol

Top Bottom