• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Just used Marc for my trust for the family. Contacted him via email yesterday, he called today (well we played phone tag for a bit), he talked me through my questions and sent me the form to fill in my trust info. Waiting for the actual trust, not in a hurry.

I would give Marc a 10 out of 10. He's very helpful, very reasonably priced, and very quick.

Thanks again, Marc. Can't wait for that SBR and those suppressors! :D

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I emailed Marc Thursday afternoon. Spoke to him later that evening. Paid him via PayPal (goods and services, not friends and family..can you really trust a lawyer :)...I kid, I kid). Received a confirmation email with attached info form for trust. Returned email with said trust info. Checked my inbox this afternoon and trust was waiting for me :) Marc is courteous and professional. Willing to answer any questions. Very timely and efficient. Highly recommend. Thanks again Marc!

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I emailed Marc Thursday afternoon. Spoke to him later that evening. Paid him via PayPal (goods and services, not friends and family..can you really trust a lawyer :)...I kid, I kid). Received a confirmation email with attached info form for trust. Returned email with said trust info. Checked my inbox this afternoon and trust was waiting for me :) Marc is courteous and professional. Willing to answer any questions. Very timely and efficient. Highly recommend. Thanks again Marc!

This pretty much summarizes my experience with setting up a trust using Marc.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I don't understand this. How does it cost you to add items you already have?

To add those items onto the trust from an individual you have to resubmit the forms for approval, which includes the cost of the stamp . Even though he owns those items, he submitted them as an individual. Which a trust is its own entity.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Just had my trust from Marc amended. Easy to work with, as usual, and quick response. Forms look good, I just need to go get them notarized.

Initial trust was a piece of cake, affordable, and was completed very quickly.
    Form 4 for suppressor was approved and stamp received with no issues.
    Trust was amended quickly, easily, and affordably.

All bases seem to be covered.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I contacted Marc over the weekend. Within hours of sending my first email I was talking to him over the phone. He spent 20 or 30 minutes just talking to me about different NFA items he has done or stuff he has helped with. He is very informative and will answer all questions to the best of his knowledge. I was able to do everything online. I still need to get the Trust notarized but it looks very professional. I would recommend Marc to anyone that is looking for an Indiana lawyer to handle you NFA trust needs.

Jagunn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Just used Marc to start a trust on Sunday. He had all paperwork done and emailed to me Tuesday. Had the paperwork drawn up and notarized in less than a week. Makes it easy and explains it all in dummie terms so i could understand all the legal gibberish.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    yeah, I regret waiting as well. I wouldn't have nearly as much stuff off the trust as I do now. To get everything on the trust will cost me a good amount of $$. Over time I'll get it on there.

Can you explain this for the uninitiated? What is the process to "get everything on the trust" and why does it cost you a "good amount of cash" to do it?

I admit I am new at this. I need basic information. Thanks.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well anything that you own that is not on an NFA trust will have to be transferred to the trust just like it is a new firearm (IF you want it on the trust, if you don't then no worries). In the eyes of the ATF you and the trust are two separate entities, so those NFA items have to be transferred to the trust, and with each transfer you have to pay another $200 transfer tax.

So if you already own 5 NFA items, and then you get a trust, you will have to fill out five form 4s, and pay $1000 to transfer them into the ownership of the trust.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    well anything that you own that is not on an NFA trust will have to be transferred to the trust just like it is a new firearm (IF you want it on the trust, if you don't then no worries). In the eyes of the ATF you and the trust are two separate entities, so those NFA items have to be transferred to the trust, and with each transfer you have to pay another $200 transfer tax.

So if you already own 5 NFA items, and then you get a trust, you will have to fill out five form 4s, and pay $1000 to transfer them into the ownership of the trust.

Thanks, Clay. I really appreciate the detailed explanation.

So the trust really is needed only for things that require NFA approval, like suppressors. So, for folks that do not have such things, an NFA is not necessary. Did I get that right?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Right more or less.

for suppressors, SBR, SBS, AOW, machine guns, (title 2 firearms) you need approval to own. All of this is outlined in the NFA (National Firearms Act)

for everything else (rifles, shotguns, handguns, ie all title 1 firearms) you don't need anything from the ATF.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Just to add to what Clay has said, just because you have a trust, it doesn't mean you have to transfer all NFA items that are registered to yourself. Personally, I have everything in my trust except for the first suppressor I bought. I'm not going to transfer it. For the cost of a supressor (a .22 can in my case) it's just not worth it.

Top Bottom