• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    This is one of the reasons for my recent purchase of a glock 30s.

During the day it's a compact .45 with 10 round mag, but when I get home, I swap out for the full size g21 (13 round) mag and clip on a streamlight tlr-1 light. One gun, multiple duties.

Also I'm poor, so the current handgun inventory is a little slim, haha.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My P220 is always my 'nighstand gun', although technically its on the headboard in a shoulder holster with two spare mags. Its my normal EDC, as well, although in daylight and summer I'll often carry a GP100 instead. Lack of night sights keeps me from carrying it at night and during the winter when night seems to start at about 4:30PM.

However, a pistol isn't my first choice.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Nightstand - Guncrafter Industries w/Surefire X400 Ultra & 230 gr. copper hollow point & Benelli M4 w/00 buck
    EDC - Baer SRP .45 w/230 gr. Ranger or Guncrafter Industries .50 230 gr. copper hollow point, depending upon jobsite

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I appreciate the feedback, but back to the original questions...for those of you who have 2 different guns, where do you put your EDC when you go to bed since you already have a dedicated night stand gun??

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I appreciate the feedback, but back to the original questions...for those of you who have 2 different guns, where do you put your EDC when you go to bed since you already have a dedicated night stand gun??

Both my holstered EDC and my 'nightstand' gun go on the shelf of my headboard, and the 870 leans in the corner. Whenever we have kids, obviously this will have to change.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Depending on the schedule the next day. Usually the safe though. I keep extra mags with the night stand gun , so if I need to get to another gun I can fight my way to it. No sense it leaving it out for an intruder to find it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Both my holstered EDC and my 'nightstand' gun go on the shelf of my headboard, and the 870 leans in the corner. Whenever we have kids, obviously this will have to change.

Gotcha. I'm just wondering if I have my holstered EDC next to another gun, will I instinctively grab one over the other? ...and which one will it be when I'm half asleep and I hear my house alarm going off or a window breaking?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Gotcha. I'm just wondering if I have my holstered EDC next to another gun, will I instinctively grab one over the other? ...and which one will it be when I'm half asleep and I hear my house alarm going off or a window breaking?

That's the beauty of my situation... Both are full size M&P9's, one is just a little bit longer than the other. It doesn't really matter which one I grab, but I'd probably grab the one with the glowing green night sights. Either way, I'm grabbing my handheld light as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have guns strategically located.
    You have to know where they are.
    My kids are grown and carry. When the "G"-kids are here there is nothing in the night stand.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I have a gun vault bolted to my nightstand drawer. Rotate at bedtime.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My EDC is my nightstand gun as well. There was a time several years ago my life situation was such that I also got my AR out at night. Luckily I've not had to use either! :yesway:

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    My edc is either a bodyguard 380 or a m&p9c. My bedside gun is a full size m&p9. When I take off my compact it goes in the safe and the bodyguard goes in my pocket around the house until I go to bed

Top Bottom