• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If I sent 2 PMs with no response. I would post in the ad that I have sent multiples with no response. But that is just me. A mod will probably be along shortly to correct me.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    You should send personal message and not post on the add because it bumps the add back to the top and a MOD WILL contact you for doing that. Just click on the sellers name and start a conversation and bingo you just sent a PM.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You should send personal message and not post on the add because it bumps the add back to the top and a MOD WILL contact you for doing that. Just click on the sellers name and start a conversation and bingo you just sent a PM.
    I have been contacted by mods before... :)

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The OP is prob not contacting you because you are not doing it correctly or playing by the rules.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    He is asking but what if he has done that and the seller is not responding. Maybe has a full pm box. I think he knows how to send a pm.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I sent an "I'll take it" PM shortly after an ad was posted yesterday and received no response. Later in the day it was marked "SPF".

Although I understand not responding to lowball or other ridiculous PM's, some sellers are not polite enough to respond even when you offer to buy at their price. It's the internet and the world we live in.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    its been going on 3 days and i didnt make a offer yet just said I was interested 16 min after they listed it
    When he checked his messages and he had one from you saying, I am interested, and another from someone saying perhaps, I will take it, which one would you respond to.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It could be that the seller is ignoring you because they would rather deal with someone who is more established in the discussion forums and has no negative feedback.
    I was just going to suggest the same thing. Sellers look at post counts to see if you are here just to buy things or if you participate in the forum. They like to get to know the people they are dealing with and 160 posts in almost 8 years is pretty low. If they had a member they have conversed with that expressed interest, that is the one they are more likely to respond to.

It has been stressed MANY times on INGO that the classifieds are a perk for the membership. It is the seller's choice who they want to deal with. If they don't view you as an active member, they may not respond to your messages.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Most of the time when I am selling something my friends know to and they tell there friends about said item, so maybe a friend said they would take it or someone they know wanted it ? Who know at this point ??

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So to get it right..we are trying to get people who by internet standards can be introverted and rude to be kind and responsive? Asking for a friend.

Top Bottom