• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I ran into this same thing 3 weeks before Christmas. sent a PM and a Email to the one listed in his profile, no response
    I gave up and bought from somewhere else

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Why would saying you are interested require a response? The seller is supposed to coax an actual offer from you? Say "that's nice"? If you didn't have an actual offer or question in the message no need to respond.

If the item was later marked as sold you have your answer, just not the detail you may want or by the method you prefer.

In case the seller is working thru the offers, if I make an offer on an item and receive no response from the seller in what I consider a reasonable time frame I make a point of sending another message withdrawing that offer. I don't want to hear weeks later that the offer was accepted.

I consider 24 hours a reasonable time to wait for a response.

You can check when a user was last active by tapping on their avatar to check If the user has been on since you sent your message.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    its been going on 3 days and i didnt make a offer yet just said I was interested 16 min after they listed it
    I've sold quite a few items on INGO. Why in the world would I respond to somebody saying "I'm interested" without an offer to purchase? If you are interested, make an offer. Ain't nobody got time for vague tire-kicking when they are trying to sell something online.

Also, no one is bound to sell to the first person who makes a vague declaration of interest in an item. The owner of the item dictates the terms of the sale, as long as it otherwise adheres to INGO classifieds rules.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I’ve got a lot of these “I’m interested” messages over the year and am never sure how to respond to them. No questions, no offer to buy or anything, just “I’m interested”.

I’m not sure what they are looking for when they send them.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Would it be insensitive for a person to point out they are amused by a person named "iceman" acting a bit like a "snowflake"?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I sent 2 PMs with no response. I would post in the ad that I have sent multiples with no response. But that is just me. A mod will probably be along shortly to correct me.
    Nope. Not a proper way. If they do not respond it is their call. There is no rule that a seller must respond to your questions or offers. Being polite they should but if they done respond its like that girl you knew and then blew you off....:):

I kid. But really, it is sellers choice who they respond/sell to.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Whenever I've posted an ad in the classifieds I've tried to do my best to extend a courtesy response to legitimate questions or offers in a timely manner.

Otherwise I don't bother.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Only once did I say I was interested, and then an explanation as to why (smaller deal kinda far) and if it sells before I get there it sells.
    Communication is key, although I know too many words bug people.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And this is just lazy and rude. Close the ad. Do those of us looking the curtesy so we do not waste our time due to your (not yours my friend :):) due to you not respecting the rules.
    From back in the day when we worked the INGO booth at the 1500 this was by far what "brought the most people to come and ***** at CM." And not recent either, it was from 4 years ago!! The DD 214 guy? Never showed up. Everybody who ever got dinged for not closing a classified thread? I mean it's not like INGO has a "three infractions in one year: you get the avatar of shame for 30 days" policy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I sent an "I'll take it" PM shortly after an ad was posted yesterday and received no response. Later in the day it was marked "SPF".

Although I understand not responding to lowball or other ridiculous PM's, some sellers are not polite enough to respond even when you offer to buy at their price. It's the internet and the world we live in.
    I have one better than this. I responded to an add for a certain black shotgun of novel design, agreed to pay the asking price, the seller contacted me while I was at the bank getting the money to day he couldn't get together that day. I of course got the money knowing I was going to be driving past him twice in the next couple days on a flexible schedule--and he was aware of this. I tried very hard to contact him the next day without being answered. I finally got him on the phone and he told me he sold it to someone else.

It worked out just fine. ItchyTriggerFinger sold me an old Mossberg that fit the bill just fine. Beyond that, he is a great guy I am happy to have bought from.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Its really simple. Treat others as you want to be treated. A lot of people these days just dont have good old fashioned manners. Its a common courtesy that is no longer common. Like common sense.......I now call it uncommon sense as most do not possess it these days. I guess some just think their time is too valuable. Good day gentlemen, oh and ladies.

Reactions: JHB
    Top Bottom