• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you do when you are carrying and see a "no weapons" sign in a store?

• Total voters

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What do you LTCH holders do when you are carrying (OC or CC) and see a sign on a store (shopping mall or any business) who says "no weapon allowed" or any sign like that?

notice-no-gun-weapon-sign-k-1211.gif

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is there any store who ever has been saved from being robed because the owner had a sign who said "no deadly weapons allowed"? :rolleyes:

I really wonder why they put those signs are they just stupid or do they really think that it will stop crimes? :dunno:

If anyone ever had a talk about that in some store it would be great to hear about it.Maybe you made them remove their sign.
    :yesway: to you if you did.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Is there any store who ever has been saved from being robed because the owner had a sign who said "no deadly weapons allowed"? :rolleyes:

I really wonder why they put those signs are they just stupid or do they really think that it will stop crimes? :dunno:

If anyone ever had a talk about that in some store it would be great to hear about it.Maybe you made them remove their sign.
    :yesway: to you if you did.

First off...Becon? Becon? Really?

Secondly, I had a talk with a store about the signs they suddenly put up. I then sent a nice, informative letter to their corporate HQ explaining that their signs were unnecessary because if I decided to shop there again, I'd just CC, but probably wouldn't be back until they got rid of them. They realized their mistake and promptly removed them, and I went back and shopped OCing the whole time.

Thirdly, no sprechen sie stupid signage.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    First off...Becon? Becon? Really?

Secondly, I had a talk with a store about the signs they suddenly put up. I then sent a nice, informative letter to their corporate HQ explaining that their signs were unnecessary because if I decided to shop there again, I'd just CC, but probably wouldn't be back until they got rid of them. They realized their mistake and promptly removed them, and I went back and shopped OCing the whole time.

Thirdly, no sprechen sie stupid signage.

Last time I made a poll someone told me I forgot the "Becon" option. :D
    I learned my lesson.

Are you talking about that sign :yesway:? I meant thumb up to you!

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Ignore it or shop elsewhere.

Plus One. With the addition that if I am OC or I get made and they ask me to leave, I will in fact leave and never spend a penny there again. If they don't hassle me and its just for insurance purposes then I don't mind spending my money there as long as they are not trying to enforce the sign.

To put it into perspective only I place is on my No Money List and that is the gas station at 19th and Margaret in Terre Haute. So only one place has asked me to leave in 3 years of carry. Carry over the years is about 45%OC/55CC

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If I had my own business I would put a sign on the door who says "LTCH WELCOME" or "gun friendly zone".
    And maybe get some discount to people showing their LTCH (if I couldnt see their gun because they CC).
    I wouldnt have to hire a security guard if most of my custumers are good armed citizens.

chappell-hill-bank-pro-gun-sign.jpg

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I've yet to see any No Gun signs at any stores. If I would see one and I really needed something in that store, then I would respect the owners wishes and leave my gun in my vehicle.

HereNthere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Plainfield
    What I really find stupid is when they're posted on a gun store. I'm NOT leaving my weapon in the car (and I see no need to unload it). So I usually just ignore those signs, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth for those shops.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I usually conceal carry when I am out and about. If CCing I would ignore the sing, do what I had to do and remember not to return to the shop. If I happen to be OCing that day I would go elsewhere, if I had the option; if I had to go to that shop, I would CC or stow the weapon. In a "have to" (emergency, no where else to go at that moment, time pressure) situation, I do not want to get tossed out when I need something.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I normally ignore it and never say a thing. However, if it's a place that I frequent, that is of local management etc, where I think the "no weapons" policy may just be an oversight or boneheaded moment, I will explain to them etc etc, you know the story on that. Typically I've found that large companies etc that aren't managed locally aren't worth my time arguing. The directive has been handed down from above and they think it carries the weight of law. I'll just conceal when I go to those places.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Please Note: You CAN vote for more than one item.
    So...
    Anyone that did NOT vote for bacon just plain messed up the poll.
    We may have to do this one over.

I voted with JetGirl BTW, just ignore it.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ...The directive has been handed down from above and they think it carries the weight of law...

I'd guess that for national chains, 'policy' is policy everywhere, so in some states that same signage we ignore here would be a lawful sign.

Given the dumptruck load of items that could be used as a weapon in most stores, I'm ignoring the sign...voted "I ignore the sign.Anything can be a weapon anyway."

Top Bottom