• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you do when you are carrying and see a "no weapons" sign in a store?

• Total voters

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I never even noticed signs like these until INGO got me looking. So, I voted ignore. I've OC'ed in several places that ended up having signs, and I've never had an issue. The power of money, I guess. Not too many folks will ask a paying customer to leave. That is, if they even notice (most folks never look down).

I suppose I would leave if asked, so I checked that one too. Nothing to do with my gun, though. They can ask for any reason, and I can take my money elsewhere.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Please Note: You CAN vote for more than one item.
    So...
    Anyone that did NOT vote for bacon just plain messed up the poll.
    We may have to do this one over.

I voted with JetGirl BTW, just ignore it.

:D I didnt know bacon would have so much sucess.So far 6 votes for it.
    And 0 for "I go put my gun in my car and come back to the store."

That says a lot about the effect of the sign on custumers.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What about signs in public transports like buses?

Is that just like a store policy that you can ignore if you have a LTCH?

I saw different signs on buses, some say that its illegal UNLESS you have the proper licence.Some have just little signs who say something about "no weapons and dangerous objects" so virtually anything.

But some really try to scare you with HUGE signs like that:
    (Never seen that in IndyGo but it must be the biggest anti-gun sign I saw on a bus).

BeeLineGunLaw%27004.jpg

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I chose "I ignore the sign, anything can be a weapon anyways", because it's true. I never see "no weapons" or "no guns allowed" signs anyways. Since I conceal, it's not a problem.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Um...not to nitpick, but that bus sign says "CRIMINAL possession". I'm pretty sure that wouldn't apply to an LTCH holder...but IANAL&IDNSIAHILN

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Um...not to nitpick, but that bus sign says "CRIMINAL possession". I'm pretty sure that wouldn't apply to an LTCH holder...but IANAL&IDNSIAHILN

Yes you are maybe right, they could also say that possession of a firearm in the bus when they have a "no firearm rule" that makes it a criminal possession even with a legal licence to carry.

Maybe I worry too much, if you have a LTCH you can pretty much carry anywhere even in places where they try to scare you with all kind of signs.
    But it may hard to get pass the signs for a new licencee especialy when they talk about "CRIMINAL" and "JAIL TIME".

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    What about signs in public transports like buses?

Is that just like a store policy that you can ignore if you have a LTCH?

I saw different signs on buses, some say that its illegal UNLESS you have the proper licence.Some have just little signs who say something about "no weapons and dangerous objects" so virtually anything.

But some really try to scare you with HUGE signs like that:
    (Never seen that in IndyGo but it must be the biggest anti-gun sign I saw on a bus).

BeeLineGunLaw%27004.jpg

That sign is total crap. It doesn't say "on this bus" or "on busses." It looks to me like some kind of overcompensating community alert not to carry guns illegally.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That sign is *^&$#crap. It doesn't say "on this bus" or "on busses." It looks to me like some kind of overcompensating alert not to carry guns illegally.

You may be right on that, I havent thought of that! :yesway:

The sign is maybe on a bus but not about buses im still wondering about signs like that in buses.
    I just check IndyGo website, they say that firearms are forbiden on all the buses and that you may get searched by the TSA at anytime.

What could happen to you if you have your LTCH with you?
    I guess you wont get the same thing someone with no licence would get ... I hope so anyway. :rolleyes:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You may be right on that, I havent thought of that! :yesway:

The sign is maybe on a bus but not about buses im still wondering about signs like that in buses.
    I just check IndyGo website, they say that firearms are forbiden on all the buses and that you may get searched by the TSA at anytime.

What could happen to you if you have your LTCH with you?
    I guess you wont get the same thing someone with no licence would get ... I hope so anyway. :rolleyes:

You got that right, if the TSA finds a firearm on a person with no LTCH, the SHTF for that person, I'm sure.

I would not consent to a search on a bus. (or anywhere) :patriot:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just printed some of those "no gun sign = no money" cards that I found in another thread here.I will leave them at any places I see with such a sign, its a good way to tell people how stupid their sign is without wasting time talking with them.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    First off that bus has to be from Chicago or New York. Nothing Illegal about carrying on a bus here in Indiana except on a School Bus.

Far as the signs, If they're not properly posted, I just ignore them. Between Marion county and Allen county, the only places I've seen properly posted signs is Federal/Government buildings, Airports, and ONE Credit Union on the southwest side of Indy.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I chose other.

If it is a place easily substituted for another store, I will take my business elsewhere. If it is a place that can't, I will just conceal and ignore the sign all the while grumbling about it to myself.

For example, I took a jacket to Tuchman cleaners, I noticed the sign on my way out. So I went back in and asked for my jacket back and took it a mile down the road to a different cleaners. On the other hand, I could never convince my wife to stop shopping at Costco and Babies R Us.

Top Bottom