• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Do any of you or know of anyone that comes down to Mississippi and fish the lakes?
    Arkabutla (Butla as some call it) was at 229 feet May 1st. A sinkhole near the outlet tunnel was found. The COE started draining the lake to make repair. It's down to 197 feet, a large flat muddy place for now. Some groups on facebook have phots and videos. I won't post them here. Send me a PM and I'll tell you the groups
    Butla was put into service in 1940.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have an aunt that lives on the upper Sardis Reservoir, I dont know the water level at this time. Fishing has always been good for the 40 plus years that I have fished the upper and lower lakes.

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I am from Memphis and have fished Arkabutla many times. Sardis too. I still follow the Memphis news and have been reading about it. Kind of sad.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I use this link for lake level reports. Write it on my calendar so I can keep a watchful eye on how the flow is at the spillways. First is the date and time of the last reading. Second is the lake level in feet. Skip over to Gate Flow, discharge in cubic feet per second. Skip over to % Full.
    On a few fishing sites and groups someone is always asking what ramps are useable at different times of the year. I have the big 4 ramp levels too.
    I have all this in my email, Level folder.

Top Bottom