• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think he helped somebody with something, and forgot he put his gun down.

Later, someone asked me about it.
    He's a Sig groupie, so I figured I'd call him and ask.
    He checked, and oops, was missing one.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    ^^^^ I was talking with the Winamac DNR office about a month ago. They said there are plans for a 15 yd range next year. Just passing on some FYI.:)
    Yup. Will be utilizing one of the benches at the 25 yard range. So 25 yard will be down to 2 benches. Been in the works for almost 2 years now but bureaucracy slows everything down

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Yup. Will be utilizing one of the benches at the 25 yard range. So 25 yard will be down to 2 benches. Been in the works for almost 2 years now but bureaucracy slows everything down
    ^^^^^ Thanks for the info. The thing about the benches is new information. Wonder why they just don't build new ones? Surely the cost is not that prohibitive?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    ^^^^^ Thanks for the info. The thing about the benches is new information. Wonder why they just don't build new ones? Surely the cost is not that prohibitive?
    It sounds like they're leaving that part of it be but need to reconfigure the backstop, for the closer target at 1 of them. At least that's my understanding

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Guess us northern Hoosier are just "not worthy":bowdown:
    Jasper Palaski is in the same boat, they don't get very much money. I had a buddy who tried to get a job there for 5 years before they opened up a single new grounds position. They barely get enough money to the cost of staff. I'm sure Winamac is the same way.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Jasper Palaski is in the same boat, they don't get very much money. I had a buddy who tried to get a job there for 5 years before they opened up a single new grounds position. They barely get enough money to the cost of staff. I'm sure Winamac is the same way.

Actually, coincidence you should mention the job thing at a FWA. The person I talked to at the Winamac DNR office told me they have experienced difficulties finding people to work at the Winamac FWA and range? Apparently the gentleman who had been the range master at Winamac passed away unexpectedly. According to her He and his wife had been co-range-masters at Winamac. However, once he passed she just could not bring herself to stay at the range. Just to many memories. I respect that.

Top Bottom