• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    It is less about destroying America, and more about destroying Symbols. Hence the reason Targets like the Trade Centers and the Pentagon...

One cannot destroy America, however, one can destroy the Symbols of those that I name in opposition to me...

I went to NYC not to long after 9/11 and my sister went a couple years ago and people there still fear the Statue of Liberty will get taken out. IMO, the Pentagon is to big to take out with anything the terrorists can use do to its layout but other things like schools and school buses will always be in my mind. Unfortunately, that is the exact thing the terrorists want you to worry about.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If I were a terrorist and wanted to strike fear into the mid section of the country, what better target than a group of Americans, say 500,000 or so, all gathered in a 1 mile radius of each other watching a major sporting event in one of the the major cities...

Honestly if you want to strike terror into the hearts of Americans then if you are a terrorist group I'd suggest you avoid places like the INDY 500 and go to the local Baptist church in 20 different small to medium size towns on Sunday during worship and blow it up. Then go to the Methodists the following week. And the Catholics the week after that.

Then go to the local high school football or basketball games in the cities in the heartland. The hockey rinks from Minnesota to Maine. The movie theaters in any city on the opening day of a children's movie.

Go to places where ORDINARY PEOPLE go on a REGULAR basis. Skip the special events like Superbowl or Indy 500 that are actually only attended by a very small % of the population. Take the terror to the neighborhoods, the schools, and anyplace where people congregate as part of their regular lives.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Y'all can rest assurred... I worked the race - on bike patrol! I scared any would-be terrorists off with my pale white legs!

As long as you didn't take of your shirt to match those legs; yesterday we had some prime examples of people that seriously needed a session in the tanning booth. They went from pasty white to lobster red in no time flat.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    What I don't get is why the terrorists never hit California...LA or San Fran, especially. Seems those two locales would be prime examples of the "western degeneracy" they object to, more than something in the Midwest or South. :twocents:

The idea that terrorists ever attacked us because of our "degeneracy" is a complete and utter falsehood. They don't hate our freedom, they hate our government's persistent interference with their sovereignty.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    What I don't get is why the terrorists never hit California...LA or San Fran, especially.
    They don't his those areas because they are already controlled through fear and their own degeneracy.

If you cause the weak to overreact and pass laws to further impugn their fellow citizens' freedom instead of eradicating the core thinking that caused it, you can conquer the strong then through the weak masses.

Islam's goal is submission to Allah. Fear and intimidation is a tool to get that.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The idea that terrorists ever attacked us because of our "degeneracy" is a complete and utter falsehood. They don't hate our freedom, they hate our government's persistent interference with their sovereignty.

I suggest you study up a little about the history and development of asymmetrical warfare and terrorism as a tool for political gain. Then check into world history a little bit (just a little bit) and look at the history of national and tribal relations in the Mid East. Then study up just a little (JUST a LITTLE) about Islam and Wahabism. Then come back and retract your statement.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    the real question that remains is why aren't we fighting fire with fire? Someone hit the Twin Towers, we level Kabul! They hit the Pentagon, we blow up Mecca! It is pretty easy really. The terrorists have nothing to lose and they know we won't do anything to offend their religion. Afghanistan was a bad joke. The Taliban only rose to power after we left a vacuum after the Soviets withdrew. We have no one to blame but ourselves. It's just like the middle east. If not for oil, none of them would be relevant today. Israel has unabashedly done it right. We should follow their model as soon as we can!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    the real question that remains is why aren't we fighting fire with fire? Someone hit the Twin Towers, we level Kabul! They hit the Pentagon, we blow up Mecca! It is pretty easy really. The terrorists have nothing to lose and they know we won't do anything to offend their religion. Afghanistan was a bad joke. The Taliban only rose to power after we left a vacuum after the Soviets withdrew. We have no one to blame but ourselves. It's just like the middle east. If not for oil, none of them would be relevant today. Israel has unabashedly done it right. We should follow their model as soon as we can!

You might have noticed that Israel hasn't touched Mecca either. There is a reason for that.

Their religion is demonstrated by symbols, but they would no more stop because Mecca is destroyed than I would stop being a Christian because Jerusalem was leveled. Although such locations are fairly important historically (and perhaps more than historically for some, as there are pilgrimages to Mecca and Jerusalem for their respective Islamic and Catholic believers that have other meaning beyond tourism) they don't deal a deathblow to that belief system if destroyed.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I suggest you study up a little about the history and development of asymmetrical warfare and terrorism as a tool for political gain. Then check into world history a little bit (just a little bit) and look at the history of national and tribal relations in the Mid East. Then study up just a little (JUST a LITTLE) about Islam and Wahabism. Then come back and retract your statement.

Here's an article outlining the basic idea: Did "Blowback" Cause 9/11? | Jack Hunter | Charleston City Paper

This quote in particular should be noted.
    When Congressman Ron Paul suggested that American intervention overseas, or "blowback," contributed to 9/11, Rudy Giuliani immediately insinuated that Paul was crazy. But is the CIA crazy? The 9/11 Commission? Both cite blowback as a primary cause of 9/11.

And this one is I think especially applicable:
    To say that terrorists attacked us because they hate our "freedom" is an answer that could satisfy only a child or a Republican presidential contender.

From the Wikipedia article on Wahhabi:
    The militant Islam of Osama bin Laden did not have its origins in the teachings of Ibn Abd-al-Wahhab and was not representative of Wahhabi Islam as it is practiced in contemporary Saudi Arabiahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi#cite_note-35

Also take a peak at the stated motives for 9/11 or other attacks and find me one that was just because of our "degeneracy"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motives_for_the_September_11_attacks

While the Islamic people may not like our "western degeneracy", they certainly aren't elaborately plotting to kill us (and themselves) or hold us hostage just because of it.

Maybe YOU should do a bit of research.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Anything is possible, but IMS takes security very seriously and coordinates with local and Federal authorities. They aren't counting on the run of the mill yellow shirt to keep you safe, for sure.

It is a national event that does get special attention. Last time I was at the event, I noticed a few things that are either fed toys with fed operators or loaned fed toys with local operators.

Think NBC sensors.

FYI, they are already working on NBC plans for the Superbowl. IF you look at a map, you will identify the choke points that some of the sensors will be at.

Watch what happens to all the trash cans and man hole covers near the site a few days before the events start.....

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    God help any Terrorist Organization or Country that harbors them that would dare attack any Redneck sporting events..

Mess with the Indy 500 and see if Bubba and his Friends don't find way to F**K someone world up.. The US would go to a new war...

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    It is a national event that does get special attention. Last time I was at the event, I noticed a few things that are either fed toys with fed operators or loaned fed toys with local operators.

Think NBC sensors.

FYI, they are already working on NBC plans for the Superbowl. IF you look at a map, you will identify the choke points that some of the sensors will be at.

Watch what happens to all the trash cans and man hole covers near the site a few days before the events start.....
    NBC has changed to CBRN

Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear

Top Bottom