• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    The NRA is far from perfect, but without the NRA a shoot like Knob Creek might not be possible in 2015.

Instead of throwing rocks at the NRA, get involved and maybe you can help make it better. Otherwise, enjoy the free ride and quit your *****in'.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The NRA is far from perfect, but without the NRA a shoot like Knob Creek might not be possible in 2015.

Instead of throwing rocks at the NRA, get involved and maybe you can help make it better. Otherwise, enjoy the free ride and quit your *****in'.

If the NRA had always been doing its job, machine guns, silencers, SBRs, SBS, AOWs, and destructive devices wouldn't be regulated, and the shoot at Knob Creek wouldn't be considered special because all gun shoots could be like that.

That being said, the NRA has had since 1986 to get the ban of civilian ownership of new (post 86) machine guns lifted. Damn near 30 years.

Yes, the NRA has served some good, but with the money they draw in they can do a hell of a lot better, they should have done better

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Of course not, but the NRA is supposed to be our voice, the united power of gun owners to protect our rights...or something like that.

Do you give money to the NRA to fight for your rights, to be your voice in Washington, your representative? Or do you give them money just to get letters in the mail with them saying how they need more money, to do something other than standing up for you?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Bumping this thread since the show is this weekend. My company is sending me down for the convention. I'll be walking around Friday and Saturday.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Several of us from the Evansville area will be there. Now the question is how do we tell fellow INGOers from the rest of the rabble?

First time attending for me; anyone have any idea which vendors, if any, will be there with product to sell or is it all pretty much an expo/dog & pony show with not much buying and selling going on?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Just about every manufacturer you can think of will be there. There are vendor tables selling items too but you won't see any firearms being sold.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    First time attending for me; anyone have any idea which vendors, if any, will be there with product to sell or is it all pretty much an expo/dog & pony show with not much buying and selling going on?

Selling guns? No. That was all done at SHOT.:D

Selling slings (Andy will be there from New Hampshire, I always look forward to seeing my friend), triggers, stocks (Hogue does land office business).

One small point, it does not apply to anyone here, but please, please, please no one pull out their carry guns to check holsters or to have stocks fitted. Please.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just about every manufacturer you can think of will be there. There are vendor tables selling items too but you won't see any firearms being sold.

Thankfully not in the market for a gun just yet, but other stuff... most definitely. I found the NRA 2015 app and it only showed a few vendors with any sort of show specials. I was hoping to hit Comp-Tac and a few other places and bring home some goodies but again, only about a handful of places showed show specials up for sale. I'll be a bit deflated to run down that way and come back empty handed.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    From what I remember of last years event, you'd be better off waiting on the next Indy1500 if you want to shop/buy. It's more of a look/touch show. And be careful on who and what you touch!

Matt

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You guys can always swing through Louisville on the way back. Knob Creek will be having their huge machine gun show. Lots of firearm vendors to buy from there.

Top Bottom