Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Morning BSer

I can finally open my back door without the dogs running in and out. Daisy had made herself a doggy door.

I put in a new aluminum screen and put a piece of plexiglas across the bottom two feet of the door. No way are the dogs getting through now.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Morning BSer

I can finally open my back door without the dogs running in and out. Daisy had made herself a doggy door.

I put in a new aluminum screen and put a piece of plexiglas across the bottom two feet of the door. No way are the dogs getting through now.

If that doesn't work the big hardware stores sell a fiberglass dog proof screen. I had my (former) Akitas go through the original factory installed screens of my patio doors as if there was nothing in their way. Put in the advertised dog proof screen. My Akitas (my biggest female was 105#, my male made her look like a little dog) and they could NOT get through those screen. Installs just like a regular screen. Not sure where I got them, probably Home Depot.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If that doesn't work the big hardware stores sell a fiberglass dog proof screen. I had my (former) Akitas go through the original factory installed screens of my patio doors as if there was nothing in their way. Put in the advertised dog proof screen. My Akitas (my biggest female was 105#, my male made her look like a little dog) and they could NOT get through those screen. Installs just like a regular screen. Not sure where I got them, probably Home Depot.
    The True Value a couple of blocks away had it, but I liked the brighter color of the aluminum. It looks like there is not screen there at all. I had put the fiberglass dog-proof screen in last time, and the dogs did not get through it. They pushed and dug so hard at it that they pulled it loose at the bottom. Whatever kind of screen, the plexiglas should take care of it now. I screwed it to the doorframe.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Those pet screens will work better on a door than a window. I put them in after the dogs are running the neighborhood while I was at work. The pet screen stayed intact but the frames were broken and they were running the neighborhood again. I didn't leave the windows open when I left anymore. I still have some left over if anybody wants some.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Those pet screens will work better on a door than a window. I put them in after the dogs are running the neighborhood while I was at work. The pet screen stayed intact but the frames were broken and they were running the neighborhood again. I didn't leave the windows open when I left anymore. I still have some left over if anybody wants some.

the most cost effective and simple solution is no dogs, no cats, no birds, no raccoons, ;)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Probably depends upon the frame construction. Mine work fine. Frames are still solid. Ive had those screens in place for 20 years and hundreds of pounds of dogs storming through this house :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom