NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Some of you may recall that I used to coach a young Russian girl named Dasha who is a Saber fencer. She traveled to events around the US with my family over the past couple of years. Honestly she was too good for me to coach and I brought in other, better, coaches to help her.

I just got off the phone with her and I can't even begin to contain my excitement.

Dasha will be one of 3 Notre Dame women's saber fencers going to the NCAA Championships. At this point I don't know if she is going as the Alternate or as one of the 2 competitors. I just know she is going.

NCAA rules require that only fencers who win at least 20 bouts can qualify for the Championships. She easily did that. But NCAA also only allows a maximum of 2 fencer from any school to compete. Dasha is only a freshman. Notre Dame qualified 5 of their Women's Saber fencers to attend. But can only take 3 women's saber fencers, 2 to compete + 1 as an alternate, which is the maximum allowed. Dasha is only a freshman on the team but is one of those 3 fencers. We find out later this week if she is the alternate or one of the competitors.

FWIW, most of the teams cannot qualify 2 fencers, many of the teams cannot qualify even 1 fencer. Notre Dame qualified 5 for NCAAs but only 3 get to go. So the competition at this level is amazing. I know that one of the 3 is a 2 time ACC Champion. Another of the 3 is a member of the US World Team (1 step below the US Olympic team). The 3rd member is Dasha. So we wait until later this week to find out if she is a competitor or an alternate.

Below is Dasha with one of my dogs over her last school break. She will be back home with us for Easter. But she goes into NCAA quarantine tomorrow morning and stays there until after the competition.

tempImage0YXTch.jpg e

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Some of you may recall that I used to coach a young Russian girl named Dasha who is a Saber fencer. She traveled to events around the US with my family over the past couple of years. Honestly she was too good for me to coach and I brought in other, better, coaches to help her.

I just got off the phone with her and I can't even begin to contain my excitement.

Dasha will be one of 3 Notre Dame women's saber fencers going to the NCAA Championships. At this point I don't know if she is going as the Alternate or as one of the 2 competitors. I just know she is going.

NCAA rules require that only fencers who win at least 20 bouts can qualify for the Championships. She easily did that. But NCAA also only allows a maximum of 2 fencer from any school to compete. Dasha is only a freshman. Notre Dame qualified 5 of their Women's Saber fencers to attend. But can only take 3 women's saber fencers, 2 to compete + 1 as an alternate, which is the maximum allowed. Dasha is only a freshman on the team but is one of those 3 fencers. We find out later this week if she is the alternate or one of the competitors.

FWIW, most of the teams cannot qualify 2 fencers, many of the teams cannot qualify even 1 fencer. Notre Dame qualified 5 for NCAAs but only 3 get to go. So the competition at this level is amazing. I know that one of the 3 is a 2 time ACC Champion. Another of the 3 is a member of the US World Team (1 step below the US Olympic team). The 3rd member is Dasha. So we wait until later this week to find out if she is a competitor or an alternate.

Below is Dasha with one of my dogs over her last school break. She will be back home with us for Easter. But she goes into NCAA quarantine tomorrow morning and stays there until after the competition.

View attachment 130499 e

Congrats MDad, that's quite an accomplishment at her young age. And a feather in your cap also!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    New guy from Chesterton.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    New guy from Chesterton.

I met Land and his son at MCGC, match yesterday and he is a solid guy. His son Lance Jr. is an awesome shooter.

I was talking to him about deals he gets through his sons sponsors on reloading supplies. He sells them to friends at Cost. he does not make anything on these sales. The gain he gets is the sponsors pay for his sons air fare, hotels and entrance fees to matches.

I f you PM him he will be glad to deal with members. Please do not take advantage to flip for a profit, it will ruin it for the rest of us.

I will not post this part any where else. He has powders for $15 - $20 a pound in 4# & 5# jugs.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So what about them shakes??
    we’ve been contemplating a visit there for a while, but between the shamdemic and being in illannoy (ew) we just haven’t made it yet
    We didn’t order any shakes but all the tables around us did and they looked amazing. Shakes looked just like the photos.

Long drive for a burger.

Everything is scratch made to order. Drink was good but overpriced. Burgers were excellent and prices were reasonable for what they offered. Burgers did not look as good as the photos but tasted very good. Garlic fries are better than the regular fries. Pretty much a bar with good food. One of the dining rooms looked to be under construction (the one we were seated in) the other seating areas were nicer. Anything nicer than blue jeans and a casual shirt is overdressed.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So went shooting at jasper today. Awesome since no one was there at first. Then some dude shows up looking like he just walked of the set of Enemy At The Gates in full outfit. I’m like ummm what’s going on. Then like 6 girls show up phones out watching and shooting an older bolt rife all speaking what i assume was German. Anyway everyone seemed nice and shooting safe it was just funny to watch I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom