• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I will be at Blythes for some range time around 10:30 today if anyone wants to join me. I have to sight in my sons 10/22 and have some play time with my new to me CZ 75 P07 Duty. Ya that right I just said duty :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone else see this:

Chicago top cop warns that his officers will shoot concealed carriers

spinds to me like he's advocating shooting every gun holder as well...this will NOT end well for him.....
    I saw that too. Its not the first time he said it, he even said it when the Illinois carry law was being debated. But you are wrong about it ending badly for him. He is an anti-gun big city police officer who is a political appointee. He will be hired by other anti-gun big city politicians, or hired by an anti-gun news network to appear as an expert on gun issues, or hired by a university to spout anti-gun . . . . etc. etc. etc.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I saw that too. Its not the first time he said it, he even said it when the Illinois carry law was being debated. But you are wrong about it ending badly for him. He is an anti-gun big city police officer who is a political appointee. He will be hired by other anti-gun big city politicians, or hired by an anti-gun news network to appear as an expert on gun issues, or hired by a university to spout anti-gun . . . . etc. etc. etc.

I fear you are correct on this.......

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Alright guys, I'm putting together another Gunbunnies photo shoot for mid october and am in need of some props. This is going to be a western based shoot with horses etc... I need a short barreled 1873 colt style firearm for crossdraw in the photos. Something like a uberti thunderbolt I think they are called... Can be any manufacturer... Also looking for leather gear and other cowboy stuff if any of you guys have it... Could use a external hammer short barreled double barrel too... Anybody that wants to help me out pm me please...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone else see this:

Chicago top cop warns that his officers will shoot concealed carriers

spinds to me like he's advocating shooting every gun holder as well...this will NOT end well for him.....

Did you read the article and the quote that the CPD chief said?
    :dunno:

Here is what he said and note the text in red by me.
    “You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

That is and continues to be standard protocol. Anyone who turns and points at an officer, off course, is gonna get shot. Nothing new there. The headline is misleading and that author knows it. He is not saying to shoot just becuase you CC. But to shoot if you point a gun at at the popo.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Did you read the article and the quote that the CPD chief said?
    :dunno:

Here is what he said and note the text in red by me.

That is and continues to be standard protocol. Anyone who turns and points at an officer, off course, is gonna get shot. Nothing new there. The headline is misleading and that author knows it. He is not saying to shoot just becuase you CC. But to shoot if you point a gun at at the popo.

You need to reread it my little brown friend. NOWHERE does he say point it at the officer. He said a firearm in their HAND. Meaning you could be pointing it at yourself, or holding it by the barrel and be shot by the cop and based on CPD's chief's comments be justified. Care to explain to me how that's justified?? I mean by those standards every single one of us could be shot for merely handling a weapon...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ghost read the quote the chief said if that i posted read the read part.
    he said when somone turns with a firearm in their hand...

he was implying that a ccer would turn around with handgun in hand on the officer.
    yes that is **NOT** likely to happen (ie. gun on a ccer stays in holster) but that is what he said.

if you turn around while holding a handgun where is the barrel going to end up at?
    1 possible way is pointing at the officer another is poitnint at the ground, etc..

you are correct you hold a weapon in that city and per the chief you will be shot no different than nyc.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    This is why we can't have nice things...

Because Jay sets them on fire.
    At least it was not you 10/22 :D I did get to take yours out for a little bit and it was perfect. It was my first time using Tech Sights so did take sometime to see how they work but once I figured it out they were great.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I did get to shot the CZ75 P07 today. I like the recoil and how it felt in my hand. The SA trigger was great. My groups were good but they were down and right of center. I shot the Glock and I was on center with that, so any suggestions. I'm a left hand shooter.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I did get to shot the CZ75 P07 today. I like the recoil and how it felt in my hand. The SA trigger was great. My groups were good but they were down and right of center. I shot the Glock and I was on center with that, so any suggestions. I'm a left hand shooter.
    Grip angle is different. I'm a 1911 guy and shoot it dead center but moving to a Glock for lighter weight I tend to shoot HIGH, as in way high. Practice with the new platform will correct for years of muscle memory.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom