• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Batch #2 of the homemade spaghetti sauce/meat is in the pressure cooker. 15 more minutes and it should be ready take off the heat and allow to cool down for a couple hours.

Seriously considering buying a couple turkey fryers and making an outdoor canning station out of them by building them into a table. It would allow use of the pressure cooker without heating up the kitchen. Given the miserable weather outside today the kitchen is not heating up today, but if it was 90 and sunny, even with the AC running full blast, the canning process would heat the kitchen up enough to be a miserable chore.

---------------- ON ANOTHER TOPIC:

High school fencing starts today at Lowell H.S. Call out meeting in room A305, practice won't begin for a few weeks, if you know anyone interested in learning sport fencing who attends Lowell, please have them see Coach Kendra McPheeters in room A305. We will take newcomers to the team up to mid-October. No experience necessary.
    We installed a dual burner next to our grill for just that purpose.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Quiet snob who never took his little girl to the "happiest place on earth".
    :)

... or the boys! ... and they turned out to be well adjusted, respectful, young adults that play with guns. ;)

They learned early on that the "happiest place on earth" was right under our roof ... not some money sucking tourist trap in the middle of a "God forsaken, million degree swamp." :p

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    some of these :rofl:
    2d76a554384f5afc262a411bf4bd0810.jpg

and
    a2d4fa51f4d510f3aac817b1586ac913.image.360x240.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Gonna hit up this place tomorrow. Antillian Cigars - Manufacturers of Sosa, Macabi and Imperio Cubano hoping to find something nice for when I get back home. Any recommendations Bob? Something light/mild!

Nope.

SOSA is a 'semi-known' brand. Never even heard of the other two. We've never carried the SOSA but I did consider bringing in the brand at one point.

As for Disney, I'm a semi-fan. It really is a super-expensive tourist trap, but it also is a pretty amazing place that is a technological marvel, that is beautiful, peaceful (as long as you are not around LITTLE KIDS) and its definitely worth a visit. We've probably gone there about a dozen times and had fun every time. And honestly I'd love to go back again.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Meh ... I would be happier back at Cadillac Mountain, The Black Hills, or Coeur d' Alene than I would be at Disney ... my wallet would be happier too.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Meh ... I would be happier back at Cadillac Mountain, The Black Hills, or Coeur d' Alene than I would be at Disney
    How do you know?

I'm not a big fan of crowds. I don't like kids. Hate opening my wallet. But Disney is a very nice resort. Its a great place to go with kids. Its also a great place to go without kids. They have budget hotels and luxury hotels on the property offering a full range of amenities.

... my wallet would be happier too.
    So the same can be said about a lot of places. Like the taking your wife to see a movie instead of renting one for a $1 at the Redbox. Sometimes you have to pay for the experience to understand it.

Bear in mind I am NOT a Disney fanatic. But it is worth the price of admission and its a trip worth taking.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    attendance has been low across the board for INGO attendance this year. looks like the price and availability of ammo have really hurt us.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How do you know?

I'm not a big fan of crowds. I don't like kids. Hate opening my wallet. But Disney is a very nice resort. Its a great place to go with kids. Its also a great place to go without kids. They have budget hotels and luxury hotels on the property offering a full range of amenities.

So the same can be said about a lot of places. Like the taking your wife to see a movie instead of renting one for a $1 at the Redbox. Sometimes you have to pay for the experience to understand it.

Bear in mind I am NOT a Disney fanatic. But it is worth the price of admission and its a trip worth taking.

ssssssshhhhhhhhh
    we don't need the stench of the snob at disney. :)

Let him continue to think of Disney as just the parks with lots of kids running around crying and all.

Don't tell him about the upscale adult only restaurants or the golf courses or the nice swimming pools or just relaxing at the theme resorts while everyone else is at the parks or having a private tent area at the water park resorts where you can eat in peace (via room service type of delivery) or the wine or beer sampling at EPCOT or the little shops at the various resorts that tailor to specific clients or the men's old barber shop at the Grand Floridian where you can get an old style shave, etc....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom