• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    How do you know?

Because I have been to all those places. That's how.

I am happier pitching a tent under the stars than I am in a five star hotel (yep ... been there, done that too).

For example ... the only time I was ever in Vegas was the 20 or so minutes it took to drive straight through. I had zero interest in stopping or seeing anything. A few hours later, I pulled over on the side of a lonely interstate for about an hour to watch a sunrise over the rock formations somewhere in Utah.

Different strokes for different folks.

Then there's the whole, I'm not a fan of Disney

and

the I don't care for Florida thing.

So the same can be said about a lot of places. Like the taking your wife to see a movie instead of renting one for a $1 at the Redbox. Sometimes you have to pay for the experience to understand it.

Agreed. I will pay to go see a movie that should be seen on the big screen (like Godzilla, LOTR, or Captain Phillips) ... but even then, it's always matinee time! :)

ssssssshhhhhhhhh
    we don't need the stench of the snob at disney. :)

Talk all you want. You are 100% safe. No worries.

Don't tell him about the upscale adult only restaurants or the golf courses or the nice swimming pools or just relaxing at the theme resorts while everyone else is at the parks or having a private tent area at the water park resorts where you can eat in peace (via room service type of delivery) or the wine or beer sampling at EPCOT or the little shops at the various resorts that tailor to specific clients or the men's old barber shop at the Grand Floridian where you can get an old style shave, etc....

I hate golf with a passion. The hotels (and my friends/neighbors) around here have nice swimming pools. The best cook on the planet shares my bed and there are some fine restaurants here in Indiana for when she takes the night off. I don't drink wine, beer, or any alcohol. I cut my own hair and shave myself. What else ya' got? :p

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nothing wild d. Nothing.
    You sound like my dad with all those i don't want,need.
    That is ok we still like you for the snob you are. LOL
    Just like you like your ar and glock while i like my ak and 1911.

I still want to know how disney cause no mostiquoes on the property.
    I want that system.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    We will do Disney once we are 100% debt free... By my calculations that should put my kids about 9 & 12. By then I'm sure it will end up being about $10K for a week or so. At that point I plan to offer them them each chance at a hobby/sport I couldnt afford as a kid... Maybe Kart racing or flying lessons, Just to give them the choice and put into perspective the cost of 7 days at Disney. Looks like every waking hour would cost about $100. Pretty crazy. Especially since this will only be possible after being frugal enough to get out from our mortgage and every thing else so early...

My family prefers state parks and camping over crowded Theme parks anyways...

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Google disfourm.com

There are disney vacations for all budgets.
    Sep is the best time for low crowds plus free dining.
    There are budget resorts as well where you can still experince the d magic.
    Lots of ways to go to Disney on a budget that website has.

5 to 7 its probably the best time to take the demons as it would be the most magical for them.
    Disney now also has saving account just for your trip as little as 10 a month.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    never thought i would enjoy disney until i was there. i was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

And that is the thing that made me reply to WD.

People who don't think they will enjoy it usually do. No place is prefect. Disneyworld is expensive, so that makes it hard to reach for many. But there are many budget options that make it more affordable. Seriously it is a place that ranks us there among some of the other man made wonders of the world.

And if anyone would/should appreciate Disneyworld it would be a libertarian. Its the size of a county, with a population that is larger than most, an infrastructure that was built with private funds and is maintained with private funds, for the purpose of making a profit.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    And if anyone would/should appreciate Disneyworld it would be a libertarian. Its the size of a county, with a population that is larger than most, an infrastructure that was built with private funds and is maintained with private funds, for the purpose of making a profit.

So you can OC/CC there? ;)

You can all relax and enjoy Disney all you want. It's just not for us. We made more efficient use of our available funds throughout the time our kids were of age.

In case anyone missed it, we have been there ... that is how we know it's not for us (wife hates it even more than I do). We just chose not to take the kids.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    My wife has a racoon coat too.
    Been to Disney twice, and if i have my way, it will stay that way. There are still barbershop in nwi that will shave you with a straight razor. I prefer fishing in the keys.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, I'm not making it to the M&S this weekend because I'm helping a friend recover whats left of his stuff after a fire burned down his place... Saturday was the day the crane guy was available to pull stuff to the surface so that's what I'll be up to... see you guys next month...

On Disney, I got no desire to go there... I went to the one in Anaheim, Cali some years ago and wasn't impressed... Now I do like Vegas for about two days and that is it... Some cool places to spend time in my past were Sedona, Santa Fe, Vegas, Searchlight, Bryce Canyon, Lake Havasu, Tucson, Amarillo, Murdo, Custer, Yellowstone, moab, Gatlinsburg, Nashville, and of course Knob Creek during the machiegun shoot and Sturgis during bike week.... No desire to be at a golf place... such a waste of awesome trap range property if you ask me....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yuck on raccoon anything.
    Too bad gb on your attendance but helping a friend is better.
    Can't imagine starting over after a fire.
    Wow it's cold, now where is my snow.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm with WD, Florida/Disney sucks. I'd much rather go camping and get away from everything. My nephews aren't to big on camping with me though. Cell phones and all that technology gets locked in the glovebox while we camp. I still force them to go when I want to though.

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    Would anyone have logs from an oak, maple, or elm tree downed in the last 2-3 months. I am looking for 3-6" diameter logs for inoculating with mushroom spores. The age in important. You want something between 2 weeks and 3 months old. The two weeks allows for the trees natural fungal defense mechanisms to dissipate. Older than 3 months and other fungus will have started to make itself at home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom