• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Is this a group of activists? Are they supposed to be those "on the wall?" What are they besides some individual(s) who sells caps and t-shirts? What is their plan for mobilization and what does that look like? Who will they mobilize against? Sounds like nothing more than a feel-good gimmick aimed at sincere people who have some extra money for the uniform. I may be wrong and would gladly accept verifiable correction.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Is this a group of activists? Are they supposed to be those "on the wall?" What are they besides some individual(s) who sells caps and t-shirts? What is their plan for mobilization and what does that look like? Who will they mobilize against? Sounds like nothing more than a feel-good gimmick aimed at sincere people who have some extra money for the uniform. I may be wrong and would gladly accept verifiable correction.

Check out their website and it'll answer all your questions and provide more insite.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    If you're not a vet, then I can understand why this doesn't make sense to you. It's one of those things where you're either in the club or you're not. You either know about the motorcycle wave riders give each while passing other or you don't.

I have to somewhat disagree with you. I am not a vet, although not for lack of trying... I attempted to sign on with the USMC, US Army, and even the National guard... I'm permanently disqualified due to some horrendous knee issues... which I still have nagging suspicions are caused by my fathers exposure to Agent Orange, but that is a whole different topic. ;)

I understand some of the feelings you have, obviously not all of them, as I haven't been in combat, or enlisted. but, I still believe in the US constitution, and feel that we have, as a country, strayed from it for too long.

I am willing to lay down my life for what I believe in, and will fight the "powers that be" when it comes to that. Notice I did not say if, for I don't see how at this point it will not come to that; not saying that I am looking forward to it, as I am not. but I will protect my wife and daughters at all costs.

I agree with the Oath Keepers stating that we must get organized. It is hard, even harder in this economy to begin to prep, I'm just now starting my planning on preps.

What I am saying is I am all for making sure we can all live in a truly free country! I'll happily stand on the line with anyone else willing to do the same, vet, or criminal! :patriot:

just my :twocents:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Check out their website and it'll answer all your questions and provide more insite.

Admittedly, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I looked at the site and still couldn't find the answers to my questions. Maybe one of their current members on INGO can help me out?

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    Admittedly, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I looked at the site and still couldn't find the answers to my questions. Maybe one of their current members on INGO can help me out?
    In the end, as military/police, they will refuse ANY order that is repugnant to the US Constitution.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    After awhile you learn to just ignore him. He's waiting for OTHERS to do something before he feels like doing something. :twocents:

uh... surely you arent referring to me, since the whole point of my posts was to take personal responsibility, and not sluff it off to the super-vets who are supposed to orginize us, as opposed to doing it ourselves.

I will not wait and say "But but but the Oathkeepers never showed up! They are supposed to orginize us! I bought a hat!!!!".

:dunno:

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    In the end, as military/police, they will refuse ANY order that is repugnant to the US Constitution.

Really? Anybody that does not toe the line will be declared terrorists. A tank will knock down a wall, a lamp will fall over, and the place will go up like a match head. Someone will be talked into cutting a shotgun off a half inch too short, the family dog will be shot, then the teenage son. A police sniper will blow the wife's head off because she was holding a baby with a loaded diaper.

Did a bunch of LEOs stand up and say they wouldn't kick in a door without knocking or go in without a warrant, or did they point at the Supreme Court and say "They told us we could"?

Or was that supposed to be purple and I just missed it?

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i dont mean any disrespect but its amazing to me how this thread has degenerated. the basics of the original post should be something that we all agree upon. if you dont like this particular organization fine but come on fellas this is not something we should be divided over. division is what the government wants us to wallow in. its division that keeps this country in the quagmire that we are in. its division in this country that makes us have to even discuss this topic. ok i'll shut up now, i hope i havent offended anyone

jake

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    Really? Anybody that does not toe the line will be declared terrorists. A tank will knock down a wall, a lamp will fall over, and the place will go up like a match head. Someone will be talked into cutting a shotgun off a half inch too short, the family dog will be shot, then the teenage son. A police sniper will blow the wife's head off because she was holding a baby with a loaded diaper.

Did a bunch of LEOs stand up and say they wouldn't kick in a door without knocking or go in without a warrant, or did they point at the Supreme Court and say "They told us we could"?

Or was that supposed to be purple and I just missed it?
    I know LEOs that will, and sadly, ones who won't honor their pledge to the Constitution. Although I'm just a civilian, I'll stand with the ones who will.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    i dont mean any disrespect but its amazing to me how this thread has degenerated. the basics of the original post should be something that we all agree upon. if you dont like this particular organization fine but come on fellas this is not something we should be divided over. division is what the government wants us to wallow in. its division that keeps this country in the quagmire that we are in. its division in this country that makes us have to even discuss this topic. ok i'll shut up now, i hope i havent offended anyone

jake

That is certainly not my purpose for posting in this thread. I'm honestly looking for answers. I searched the site again and saw several pages dedicated to telling me what they "ARE NOT," but nothing to tell me what they ARE. Any person can refuse to follow an unlawful order or anything requiring them to act contrary to the Constitution, without being a part of the $40 to $1,000 club.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    That is certainly not my purpose for posting in this thread. I'm honestly looking for answers. I searched the site again and saw several pages dedicated to telling me what they "ARE NOT," but nothing to tell me what they ARE. Any person can refuse to follow an unlawful order or anything requiring them to act contrary to the Constitution, without being a part of the $40 to $1,000 club.

dear sir, i was not referencing anyone in particular, so please do not feel as if i was, if it came off that way please accept my sincerest apologies!

jake

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

The first time I read anything about "Oath Keepers" was an editorial in some gun magazine or another. As explained by the author, the purpose of "Oath Keepers" is to remind all of us who've taken the "oath" that our first responsibility is to the US Constitution. This doesn't necessarily mean "getting organized" to "do something"; it DOES mean to keep in mind the basic freedoms guaranteed us by the Constitution, and, insofar as even "lawful orders" are given which violate the Constitution, we should honor our oath to the Constitution over obedience to our superior officers.

Of course, this gets into areas which could be considered "grey" because we've gradually given up a bunch of our rights as laid out in the Constitution and it's difficult to see where to draw the line at times (witness the discussions over who should be allowed to be armed). However, if things get TOO raw, too intrusive, too confiscatory, we must decide whether to follow a contradictory order for the sake of keeping order or disobey it for the sake of our Oath.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I know LEOs that will, and sadly, ones who won't honor their pledge to the Constitution. Although I'm just a civilian, I'll stand with the ones who will.

I swore my oath years ago. No t-shirt needed - I still have the belt buckle. I just don't think we "terrorists" will make a particularly big speed bump when they show the tanks rolling on the evening news.

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    I swore my oath years ago. No t-shirt needed - I still have the belt buckle. I just don't think we "terrorists" will make a particularly big speed bump when they show the tanks rolling on the evening news.
    Clear. Understood.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

The whole point of the Oath Keeper movement is to remind our LEO and military brothers and sisters of their oath and its meaning, to perhaps circumvent having the tanks rolling on civilians.

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    :patriot:
    you obviously dont know the same people in this state that I do:rockwoot:
    Tanks cant run themselves... just sayin
    but I dont tiptoe around daisys... so if i **** off someone, OOOPS!:draw:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    A wise man once said "to sin by silence makes cowards of men"
    WE THE PEOPLE.....
    must make our voices & wishes heard by the elites in Washington.

I hope and pray that the only step needed to restore our Country to the ideals under which it was created is to educate the People and let them overwhelm our congress critters w/ thier voice of Freedom!

If not, then THAT is what Oathkeepers is for.
    Remember that only a small percentage of the people of the British Colonies in America initially rebelled.

Top Bottom