Obama closing part of Arizona to Americans?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    the sign says call the police like they are actually going to be able to do something.

that really makes me mad, highway 8 is about 120 miles NORTH of the border.

what the sign should say is:

"para tras mamones porque hay Francotiradores"

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My hasn't Gov. Brewer called on the AZ National Guard to take control of the situation? If I were her, I would activate them to take back this area and any other that are "too dangerous for American citizens". After researching their website, there are 600 of them overseas in combat in Iraq, and Afghanistan. During war time the POTUS is the commander in cheif over the nat. guards. I think this is an opportunity to tell the POS in the white house to pound sand, I will direct my own guard and I do expect he 600 to be brought home for duty!

Can you tell this whole situation (regardless of the fact it is on going for several years) is appalling! I think there would be an outpouring of volunteers (not for the Nat. Guard, but as volunteer militia) in Indiana to protect our borders if we were in the same situation.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    My hasn't Gov. Brewer called on the AZ National Guard to take control of the situation? If I were her, I would activate them to take back this area and any other that are "too dangerous for American citizens". After researching their website, there are 600 of them overseas in combat in Iraq, and Afghanistan. During war time the POTUS is the commander in cheif over the nat. guards. I think this is an opportunity to tell the POS in the white house to pound sand, I will direct my own guard and I do expect he 600 to be brought home for duty!

Can you tell this whole situation (regardless of the fact it is on going for several years) is appalling! I think there would be an outpouring of volunteers (not for the Nat. Guard, but as volunteer militia) in Indiana to protect our borders if we were in the same situation.
    Unfortunately she can't do crap.
    It's FEDERAL LAND!!!
    The decisions of the Idiots in DC trump anything that she wants to do.
    If you guys have been watching the news you'll notice that the Federal Government has been taking over HUGE tracts of land in the South Western States.
    As I said before "O" and his handlers don't do anything unless there is a political motive behind it that will benefit them, not us.
    Mike

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    federal government

The federal government is going to do anything it can to stop the state government from showing that it can do what the federal government can't or won't do. This would show how ineffective the federal government really is and they are not going to allow that!!! It would show that the people are not as dependent on the federal government as they want us to believe. They truly want us to believe that they have this super amount of power, which they do not. The individual states are what give them power. It is the same in the military, the smallest units are what makes the power of the overall unit!!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't understand how this isn't on every news station and website in the United States right now. A piece of the United States of America has just been deemed "too violent for visitors". We lost over 1,000 lives and several buildings in 9/11, but we didn't a piece of our nation.

Gee, I wonder why the Mexican president was advocating gun control in the US just a few weeks ago. Why on Earth would Mexico want US citizens unarmed? Probably because our traitor of a president vowed not to to intervene in Mexico's invasion.

Has anyone been able to find an Arizona forum where AZ citizens are talking about this? I'd like to hear what they have to say about it. The tiny article on foxnews.com has a ton of comments, but most of the people are from Texas. We're lucky to have INGO, I can't find any sort of AZGO type websites.

Not trying to be sarcastic and this may have been totally rhetorical on your part but I couldn't resist. You cant understand why this is not on every news station? Are you not aware that the majority of news stations and the media in general in America is controlled by a Mafia like Liberal system?

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Unfortunately she can't do crap.
    It's FEDERAL LAND!!!
    The decisions of the Idiots in DC trump anything that she wants to do.
    If you guys have been watching the news you'll notice that the Federal Government has been taking over HUGE tracts of land in the South Western States.
    As I said before "O" and his handlers don't do anything unless there is a political motive behind it that will benefit them, not us.
    Mike

Legally, I suppose she is powerless.

What would occur if Governor Brewer did, in fact, send in manpower to restore order to the Federal/criminal sanctification?

If the administration pursued the Arizona government instead of pursuing criminals, the political fallout for Washington that allows criminals (as the sign says, Human Traffickers and Drug Smugglers.....not innocent and nonviolent "undocumented residents") to take charge, would be tremendous.

Perhaps this could be the mechanism for a double showdown move for Arizona. Illegal immigration/Crime, and the November general elections.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Legally, I suppose she is powerless.

What would occur if Governor Brewer did, in fact, send in manpower to restore order to the Federal/criminal sanctification?

If the administration pursued the Arizona government instead of pursuing criminals, the political fallout for Washington that allows criminals (as the sign says, Human Traffickers and Drug Smugglers.....not innocent and nonviolent "undocumented residents") to take charge, would be tremendous.

Perhaps this could be the mechanism for a double showdown move for Arizona. Illegal immigration/Crime, and the November general elections.
    On June 11, 1963 the Governor of Alabama, George Wallace, tried to prevent a Federal Court order from being implemented at The University Of Alabama. Federalized National Guard Troops enforced the Federal ruling and he was forced to acquiesce.
    While I DO NOT agree with his segregationist actions, that incident cemented the Federal Governments control over the individual States insofar as who had the "power" to win such a confrontation.
    Gov. Brewer would likely find herself in a similar situation if she attempts to take control of the Federal lands. Especially in light of the megalomaniac currently occupying the White House.
    I'm sure "O" has studied Chairman Mao's writings in which he said,
    "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
    Not a very comforting thought when you consider that "O" is Commander In Chief of the most powerful Military that the World has ever known and he is Hell bent on having things "his way".
    Mike

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Doesn't matter if it's 80 miles or 80 feet, the intent is the same. If you let the salesmen get their feet in the door you'll play hell trying to get them back out. . . . .as we're seeing!

I'm not picking on you per se, but this is representative of a fabulous piece of spin, just like the video in the OP.

1. This isn't new.

2. It's not "giving" away land at all.

3. It's warning Americans that there is a high risk of danger from a foreign criminal element operating in an area governed by the feds.

4. It's not telling Americans we can't go there or to stay away. More of a "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

There are two aspects to this story. The first is the inherent risk to life and limb American could encounter by venturing into the affected areas. Signage is a worthwhile tool to inform those who might otherwise wish to avoid said risk.

The second issue is arguably of greater importance because a proper approach to it would negate the first issue entirely. There is a complete and utter failure to secure the border, protect American citizens, and fight the criminal element associated with illegal border crossing. As this is on federal land, ostensibly, the state of AZ is somewhat burdened. And as the FWS is incapable on several levels of dealing with the problem, it is attempting in the best manner it knows how to mitigate the risks to visitors.

I wear the tin foil pretty tightly and I'm not one to run from a conspiracy theory, but I do find it unlikely that FWS is complicit with the feds on circumventing our immigration laws and enforcement for the advancement of a larger agenda. I don't see this as a back-handed attempt to hand over parts of sovereign US territory to Mexico. That said, I'm not so naive as to think that our collective disuse of the land won't result in a de facto annexation by Mexico either.

The risk is definitely there, but I really doubt it was the ultimate goal.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    The problem of illegals and drugs on national land isn't only on the border. They have camps of illegals growing pot on federal land in N. Cal. I wonder what would happen to me if I came upon them while on a hike with my family.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-6LQEMlwCA]YouTube - Drug cartels grow marijuana on public land[/ame]

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well, they've suspended fence building and won't send troops to help patrol the border, but don't worry. The federal govt is giving a grant of $1.25M to AZ to build squirrel bridges. They expect to save 250 rare squirrels from being run over. This comes out to a price tag of $5000/squirrel.

:facepalm:

7.62shooter2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Central Illinois
    It doesn't look like it would be too hard to find illegals crossing to me ... illegals include Mexicans, people from other South American countries, and Muslim terrorists ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODERBqMlMd4]YouTube - 400 iLLEGAL ALIENS strolling across the border.[/ame]

This one got me ticked off even more ... pay attention about 5 minutes in ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkK7g2NdE8g&feature=related]YouTube - Hidden Cameras on the Arizona Border: Coyotes, Bears, and Trails[/ame]

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    On June 11, 1963 the Governor of Alabama, George Wallace, tried to prevent a Federal Court order from being implemented at The University Of Alabama. Federalized National Guard Troops enforced the Federal ruling and he was forced to acquiesce.
    While I DO NOT agree with his segregationist actions, that incident cemented the Federal Governments control over the individual States insofar as who had the "power" to win such a confrontation.
    Gov. Brewer would likely find herself in a similar situation if she attempts to take control of the Federal lands. Especially in light of the megalomaniac currently occupying the White House.
    I'm sure "O" has studied Chairman Mao's writings in which he said,
    "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
    Not a very comforting thought when you consider that "O" is Commander In Chief of the most powerful Military that the World has ever known and he is Hell bent on having things "his way".
    Mike

I don't disagree with your assessment Mike, far from it.

Unlike Wallace, Brewer would be assuring not only the sentiment of a majority of the American people against violent criminal activity, but enforcement of immigration laws of both the Federal and State levels. This is highlighted by the need of the posting of warnings of violent crime.

I would be think that the current Administration would be hard pressed to pursue a matter to halt the fight against crime, with such political implication.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I don't disagree with your assessment Mike, far from it.

Unlike Wallace, Brewer would be assuring not only the sentiment of a majority of the American people against violent criminal activity, but enforcement of immigration laws of both the Federal and State levels. This is highlighted by the need of the posting of warnings of violent crime.

I would be think that the current Administration would be hard pressed to pursue a matter to halt the fight against crime, with such political implication.
    I'm afraid the current Administration doesn't give a rats @ss for the opinions of the American People.
    To them, we are a nuisance that gets in the way of their grand plans to "Fundamentally change America."
    As stated by Hillary, the [STRIKE]Junta[/STRIKE], Administration, is planning to file a lawsuit against AZ for their "impudence." (My emphasis)
    Public opinion be Damned!
    They have an agenda! :noway:
    Mike

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow. Yea, seriously, we need to put together an INGO Interdiction Support Group and head down there to AZ. Once we scare the crap out of the illegals coming across there, we'll just move on down the border... :D

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Wow. Yea, seriously, we need to put together an INGO Interdiction Support Group and head down there to AZ. Once we scare the crap out of the illegals coming across there, we'll just move on down the border... :D

Screw that. Lets just form an invasion force and hit what little governmental infrastructure they have left. Maybe.

Top Bottom