• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It took outright bribery and considerable arm twisting to it passed through an overwhelmingly Democrat congress.

Re: The Cornhusker Kickback, a $10 billion bribe to Senator Sanders get on board, etc, etc, etc.

It took more than that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Meh...
    It does not matter at this point how or when or who.
    It is here and will not go away until we get the single payer .gov run system.
    Talking/fighting about the how it got here is a waste of time and enegry.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    On just about every single piece of legislation they pass.

Not even remotely like this. Can you think of any legislation in our lifetimes where something as obscure as congressional bribes actually ended up with multiple well-known names?

Congress often gets routed in mid-term elections.

You mean the second mid-term? Yeah, that is well known. Obama's congressional support disappeared during his first term.
    The Second Term Midterm Presidential Curse | Huffington Post

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Can you think of any legislation in our lifetimes where something as obscure as congressional bribes actually ended up with multiple well-known names?

I don't have the time to correlate every Congressional vote with the campaign "donations" of each member of Congress, but I'd say there's a very high degree of correlation. The Kochs are spending hundreds of millions this cycle, and you damn well know they want a ROI on that money.

BTW, it's called "dark money" for a reason. No one, no matter how determined, can follow that trail....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't have the time to correlate every Congressional vote with the campaign "donations" of each member of Congress, but I'd say there's a very high degree of correlation. The Kochs are spending hundreds of millions this cycle, and you damn well know they want a ROI on that money.

BTW, it's called "dark money" for a reason. No one, no matter how determined, can follow that trail....

Source?

The Kochs at one point were accused of backing Hillary because they have no interest in Trump. Google it and stop reading Solon. I think we even discussed the Koch's disinterest in Trump on INGO somewhere. They have pumped considerable money into individual congressional campaigns but as Time reported, they're kinda sitting out the Presidential campaign.

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    My healthcare has gotten worse (I now have to beg for referrals for regular stuff) but its more expensive. The monthly base fees are up and my co-pay went from $20 to $81.

I agree that the ACA was not about affordable healthcare, it's about the President becoming King. Through our health needs, we are being controlled.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My healthcare has gotten worse (I now have to beg for referrals for regular stuff) but its more expensive. The monthly base fees are up and my co-pay went from $20 to $81.

I agree that the ACA was not about affordable healthcare, it's about the President becoming King. Through our health needs, we are being controlled.

Top Bottom