• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I had this conversation with someone just the other day, but in the reverse. The person said Trump is Hitler. This is how it went:

Me: Hitler? Really? Don't you think that's a little overboard?

Hater: No. Trump is just like Hitler.

Me: Consider that you're equating him with Hitler because you're making an emotional equivalence. Set utter hatred aside for just a moment if you can. Consider just the facts. What facts lead you to believe that Trump is just like Hitler. What has he done that makes you believe he will do the things that Hitler did?

Hater: Well, he said...

Me: He said? When did he say he wants to kill everyone he doesn't like?

Hater: It's not what he's done, it's what he wants to do. If he could get away with it Trump would exterminate people he doesn't like, just like Hitler. And that makes him just as evil.

Me: But that's not a fact. That's just an unsubstantiated belief based on hate. You hate him intensely so he must be as evil as Hitler. It's your hate that makes him equal to Hitler. Not facts. Maybe Trump is evil. But there are degrees of evil. There are no facts in evidence that Trump is anything like Hitler. That's just absurd.

Hater: You just don't see his evil like I do.

Me: No. I'm letting facts determine what is evil, not emotion. Trump is crass. He is a manipulator. Maybe a bit of a snake oil salesman. That's doesn't make him Hitler.

Pink, I hope this isn't that kind of conversation. Obama is probably the worst president in my lifetime. But he is nowhere near a Kim Jong Un. I'll have to ask you the same question. Given all the degrees of evil, what facts make him anymore like Kim Jong Un, than Trump is like Hitler? Your belief that Obama wants police officers harmed is based on what facts? I"m not saying this to defend Obama. My interest is in getting to a factual truth rather than an emotional truth.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    [...]
    Pink, I hope this isn't that kind of conversation. Obama is probably the worst president in my lifetime. But he is nowhere near a Kim Jong Un. I'll have to ask you the same question. Given all the degrees of evil, what facts make him anymore like Kim Jong Un, than Trump is like Hitler? Your belief that Obama wants police officers harmed is based on what facts? I"m not saying this to defend Obama. My interest is in getting to a factual truth rather than an emotional truth.

I get the point, but you're missing mine, at least partially.
    Kim Jong Un is certainly the guy with the higher body count, and he would certainly vaporize anyone he possibly can, even if he got vaporized in the process.
    That doesn't change the degree of damage caused by BHO, and the only reasons why he didn't cause more are because of our Constitution and from resistance from the opposition party and citizens.
    Someday, the truly evil Kim family will finally cause tangible harm to America, but we'll be struggling to undo the damage from BO for generations to come, if we even can at that.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Example of a traitor to the people of the United States and the Constitution he swore to defend.......

[video=youtube;eLupeD3PRwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLupeD3PRwU[/video]

Give up your freedoms to be a good globalist.....

**** this traitor.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I had this conversation with someone just the other day, but in the reverse. The person said Trump is Hitler. This is how it went:

Me: Hitler? Really? Don't you think that's a little overboard?

Hater: No. Trump is just like Hitler.

Me: Consider that you're equating him with Hitler because you're making an emotional equivalence. Set utter hatred aside for just a moment if you can. Consider just the facts. What facts lead you to believe that Trump is just like Hitler. What has he done that makes you believe he will do the things that Hitler did?

Hater: Well, he said...

Me: He said? When did he say he wants to kill everyone he doesn't like?

Hater: It's not what he's done, it's what he wants to do. If he could get away with it Trump would exterminate people he doesn't like, just like Hitler. And that makes him just as evil.

Me: But that's not a fact. That's just an unsubstantiated belief based on hate. You hate him intensely so he must be as evil as Hitler. It's your hate that makes him equal to Hitler. Not facts. Maybe Trump is evil. But there are degrees of evil. There are no facts in evidence that Trump is anything like Hitler. That's just absurd.

Hater: You just don't see his evil like I do.

Me: No. I'm letting facts determine what is evil, not emotion. Trump is crass. He is a manipulator. Maybe a bit of a snake oil salesman. That's doesn't make him Hitler.

Fear leads to anger
    Anger leads to hate
    Hate leads to Trump Derangement Syndrome

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I get the point, but you're missing mine, at least partially.
    Kim Jong Un is certainly the guy with the higher body count, and he would certainly vaporize anyone he possibly can, even if he got vaporized in the process.
    That doesn't change the degree of damage caused by BHO, and the only reasons why he didn't cause more are because of our Constitution and from resistance from the opposition party and citizens.
    Someday, the truly evil Kim family will finally cause tangible harm to America, but we'll be struggling to undo the damage from BO for generations to come, if we even can at that.

Again, ineptitude does not equal evil.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Example of a traitor to the people of the United States and the Constitution he swore to defend.......

[video=youtube;eLupeD3PRwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLupeD3PRwU[/video]

Give up your freedoms to be a good globalist.....

**** this traitor.

We traded on traitor for another 'eh?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

No, hitlary didn't get in. Didn't you get the memo?

Wanting to subjugate the United States citizens to the globalists..... He LITERALLY said give up freedoms.....

Q: you don't have a problem with that and don't see that as a subversive act?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again, ineptitude does not equal evil.

This is a fact. However, Obama's willingness to marginalize half the nation to push his leftist agenda is evidence of evil. He didn't get Obamacare enacted accidentally while being inept. Given what he and the evil twins, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi did to get it passed, those facts easily support the conclusion that he's evil. Just not on par with someone like Kim Jong Un.

Aren't we trying to separate belief based on facts from belief based on emotion? What facts support that conclusion?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is a fact. However, Obama's willingness to marginalize half the nation to push his leftist agenda is evidence of evil. He didn't get Obamacare enacted accidentally while being inept. Given what he and the evil twins, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi did to get it passed, those facts easily support the conclusion that he's evil. Just not on par with someone like Kim Jong Un.

Aren't we trying to separate belief based on facts from belief based on emotion? What facts support that conclusion?

Purly emotion. I mean that's all the support we need for either right?

And are you saying marginalizing people to achieve an agenda is evil? Because I'm going to start listing off agendas and see if your belief is consistent.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Purly emotion. I mean that's all the support we need for either right?

And are you saying marginalizing people to achieve an agenda is evil? Because I'm going to start listing off agendas and see if your belief is consistent.

Yes. I'm saying marginalizing people to achieve an agenda is evil. Mass shaming, straw manning, ridicule, etcetera, and this newly labeled one, fake news. Those are the tools of people who must cheat to overcome better ideas.

Not sure why you've appointed yourself as arbiter of intellectual honesty, but okay. You're welcome to start listing off agendas and see if my belief is consistent. But I will feel obliged to hold you to an honest appraisal.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    those facts easily support the conclusion that he's evil. Just not on par with someone like Kim Jong Un.

How dare you compare the two.

15995269_1414814155195405_2877440974067493646_o.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes. I'm saying marginalizing people to achieve an agenda is evil. Mass shaming, straw manning, ridicule, etcetera, and this newly labeled one, fake news. Those are the tools of people who must cheat to overcome better ideas.

Not sure why you've appointed yourself as arbiter of intellectual honesty, but okay. You're welcome to start listing off agendas and see if my belief is consistent. But I will feel obliged to hold you to an honest appraisal.

3/5ths compromise compliments of the United States founders. Agenda to be achieved, establishing the Constitution.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    3/5ths compromise compliments of the United States founders. Agenda to be achieved, establishing the Constitution.

You are going to have to explain this one. You tell me who marginalized whom to get which agendas accomplished, and I will tell you which side I'm on.

jamil (knows already which side he's on)

Top Bottom