• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    This sounded like the start of a massive gun control push if I have ever heard of it! Oh Sh$t. I would not be surprised to see him going around congress as he has in the past.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You guys didn't really think they'd do nothing, did you? We saw this battle coming. Some of us knew it would come back before the election. They've got their excuse for aggressively going after it and right now, it appears they have political cover.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He was rambling around the issue and he was trying to give solace but he still has an agenda. He wants a 3rd term to solidify his "King" ship status.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'll wait till I see legislation before I start to panic. Some politicians have cooler heads and want to be re-elected.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    although I never heard his say he wants gun control, he did say something has to be done to prevent this in the future... Time will tell..

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    He specifically noted how "no law or set of laws" (will stop this kind of thing) but that we can't sit and do nothing.

In Obama speak that sounds and awful lot like "I'm coming for your guns".

I'm not a panic buyer in general. I bought no more stuff than I normally do after Obama's first or second election, but my guess is something is going to go down.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'll wait till I see legislation before I start to panic. Some politicians have cooler heads and want to be re-elected.

I hope you are correct but I also caught his "I will use the power of this office" (quote or close to it). Don't expect him to wait on legislation ... he intends to rule by Executive Order. I sincerely, sincerely hope I am wrong.

The big chiller ... (no exact quote ... check the transcript later) he placed the lives of children above Freedom. Just think about that for a minute.

ADDED: (Thanks to INGO member TWS)

"No more children should pay the price for some of our freedoms" ...

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    First let me say I do believe he and others will attempt to play on the emotions of the tragedy to pass a bunch of ineffective gun control measures.
    I do also believe that there was a lot of good in his speech. I hope this was not lost on people. It spoke of healing for the families and hope that faith will help sooth their pain. Maybe it's just the fact, that when my daughter was killed, faith was the only thing that kept me going.
    God bless the children.

Bob

Top Bottom