• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    I was at the Schnuck`s on Washington Ave. yesterday and seen a young guy open carrying what looked like s Sig. The looks that everyone he passed gave him is why I CC. The frowns and scrowls and just plain nasty hostile looks that he got is something I can do without. Even though he was with-in his rights to OC, the people were with-in their right to give him nasty looks. I was content knowing I was CC, but not having to put up with the nasty looks from the other shoppers. Just my :twocents:.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I was at the Schnuck`s on Washington Ave. yesterday and seen a young guy open carrying what looked like s Sig. The looks that everyone he passed gave him is why I CC. The frowns and scrowls and just plain nasty hostile looks that he got is something I can do without. Even though he was with-in his rights to OC, the people were with-in their right to give him nasty looks. I was content knowing I was CC, but not having to put up with the nasty looks from the other shoppers. Just my :twocents:.

:popcorn:

Who gives a ______ what looks other people give me? They would probably do the same to a gay couple kissing as well.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

I've heard strong and weak reasons given for why a person prefers to conceal. Looks, frowns and scowls are grouped among the latter.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Wow, they must have some super-observant people of there at Schnucks if everyone that passed him gave him these dirty looks. The vast majority of people I interact with on a daily basis never even notice I'm carrying. And I carry a fullsize OD green XD; it kinda stands out. And when people do notice, they are usuall more curious than anything:dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Mods, please close this thread immediately. It has no future whatsoever.

Don't close it yet, it could get interesting.

I'd like to know if these Schnucks shoppers show a real visible disdain for open carry, beyond what is generally experienced elsewhere around the state, or if a bit of projection by the CCing viewer may be at play here.

More data points needed...

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Mods, please close this thread immediately. It has no future whatsoever.

Why, he has an opinion that maybe different then yours but is no less valid. He acknowledges that OC is a right just not one that he prefers.

As far as I go, I am a proud CC (:D) but am firmly in the camp of however some one wants to carry is their business, just carry!

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I don't wish to be compared to a gay couple kissing when Im carrying.I perfer to go unnoticed

Nothing wrong with that. OC isn't for everyone, and CC isn't for everyone.

ATM said:
    Don't close it yet, it could get interesting.

I'd like to know if these Schnucks shoppers show a real visible disdain for open carry, beyond what is generally experienced elsewhere around the state, or if a bit of projection by the CCing viewer may be at play here.

More data points needed...

More along my line of thinking as well. But who knows, I wasn't there.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    We were in golden corral Saturday. I was cc ing and another guy was oc ing. I dont think many people thought anything since it looked line a cell phone at quick glance

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    God forbid anyone mention any place other than Indianoplace.

There are many Canadians on this board...:)

Sometimes they have to stop and get gas before they get to Louisville and will notice (sometimes) that there is an Indiana below Greenwood......:):

I think they are scared of the "Hoosier Apex".....

3064842.jpg

The Hoosier Apex (as seen in Figure in map above) is one that astonishes linguists. It is located in the southern/central west part of Indiana and a sliver of the south eastern part of Illinois and what it is is that it suddenly sounds like you just crossed into the state of Alabama. The Hoosier Apex is an example of the South Midland dialect; but it goes beyond that even to where it is almost just like a Southern dialect in itself. There have even been recent discussions about how there is even a Hoosier dialect in itself, taking on a Southern drawl and speaking slowly (Herring, 244). It also occurs to me that once when I was in class a peer student of mine had that when he visits other parts of Indiana they always want to know where it is he is from because he speaks a lot more southern than most anyone else in Indiana, and it just may be because he lives in this apex. I have also noticed that people from Indiana generally pick up a southern accent very easily. A phonological thing Herring points out that happens in the apex is that when someone says greasy the s turns into a z sound, like “greazy” (243).

Albert Mackwardt has been credited with coming up with the name Hoosier Apex. The name itself is not
    anything of significance it is just a clever name, a lot like the word Hoosier. No one really knows how the word Hoosier came about. There have been stories. That I am sure most all Hoosiers have heard but who really knows if any of them are true and if they are which one. Craig M. Carver says that he believes that the Hoosier Apex may be from the early migration of Southerners and they may
    have moved over the Ohio River north into Indiana more than they did other northern states (Herring 244). In the beginning when the migration took place Herring said that the most of them would not have called themselves or thought of themselves as “Midwesterners”, especially since that term was not around until later, but they also did not see themselves as Southerners either (246).

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well i was at schuncks on washington yesterday, and i have been known to carry a sig, but alas, it was not me!, didnt carry one yesterday, and if i did the only person who would know would be me.

Top Bottom