• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I saw an interesting OC sighting yesterday, My wife and I were in a local restaurant and saw a guy wearing a Iraq War Veteran hat,I thought ok, i'll thank him for his service, before he leaves.. He got up to get a refill, and he put on his mask..... Biden/Harris 2020......It was then I noticed he was open carrying.......I thought, ok he's allowed his own views, but carrying a gun, and wearing a Biden mask, shows he pretty much doesn't get it...

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I saw an interesting OC sighting yesterday, My wife and I were in a local restaurant and saw a guy wearing a Iraq War Veteran hat,I thought ok, i'll thank him for his service, before he leaves.. He got up to get a refill, and he put on his mask..... Biden/Harris 2020......It was then I noticed he was open carrying.......I thought, ok he's allowed his own views, but carrying a gun, and wearing a Biden mask, shows he pretty much doesn't get it...
    Or it could be a sign of a much bolder and radicalized faction on the left.. what's scary is I have talked to newer generation military (say 40yrs and younger) that have said they would have no problem shooting down a countryman if that's what their orders were.. I know from having a long line of military in my family, all the way from ww1 to Korea and Vietnam and every skirmish in between, that there is definitely a mentality in today's military that would not have been tolerated by real soldiers from the past. Dont misunderstand me, ive met some that are loyal countrymen above all but sadly in the younger soldiers I've met more that would be more that happy to shoot you in the back if that's what they were told to do.. this is the exact reason there has been people from now back into the days of federalist and anti federalist that have argued the grave dangers of a standing army.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Or it could be a sign of a much bolder and radicalized faction on the left.. what's scary is I have talked to newer generation military (say 40yrs and younger) that have said they would have no problem shooting down a countryman if that's what their orders were.. I know from having a long line of military in my family, all the way from ww1 to Korea and Vietnam and every skirmish in between, that there is definitely a mentality in today's military that would not have been tolerated by real soldiers from the past. Dont misunderstand me, ive met some that are loyal countrymen above all but sadly in the younger soldiers I've met more that would be more that happy to shoot you in the back if that's what they were told to do.. this is the exact reason there has been people from now back into the days of federalist and anti federalist that have argued the grave dangers of a standing army.

That is sad but I don't doubt what you're saying.. Keep in mind many in the age group you speak about have been brainwashed in the education system but shooting their countrymen is unconscionable.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Yep my boys both just got out in the last few years one last December. One was a 19D the other 35F. Both said about half of their units were not conservatives many expressed hatred of conservatives, and had no problem if ordered to shoot fellow Americans. My boys said that the other half would say that they would not allow them. However, the enlisted ranks are getting purged of this radical thinking of defending the constitution and protecting America citizens. Soon the military will be nothing but authoritarian idealist.
    California is trying to purge their police force of conservatives and Christians.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Yep my boys both just got out in the last few years one last December. One was a 19D the other 35F. Both said about half of their units were not conservatives many expressed hatred of conservatives, and had no problem if ordered to shoot fellow Americans. My boys said that the other half would say that they would not allow them. However, the enlisted ranks are getting purged of this radical thinking of defending the constitution and protecting America citizens. Soon the military will be nothing but authoritarian idealist.
    California is trying to purge their police force of conservatives and Christians.
    I agree. Every nation that has undergone a swing into tyranny has not done so without support from ranks in the military. I hate to think it but we are at a point where we can no longer count on patriots in the military. I think its only a matter of time till they are given the orders and turn on us.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    That is sad but I don't doubt what you're saying.. Keep in mind many in the age group you speak about have been brainwashed in the education system but shooting their countrymen is unconscionable.
    It's is really sad.. I remember people like my uncles and daddy that would have done anything they could to preserve this republic and protect its people.. to hear the opposite is becoming the dominating attitude is just so so sad.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The officers were purged in the 8 years under Obama. My cousin a Lt Col US Army was shown the door with around 10,000 other officers over Obama 8 years. I will not name him because he could get into trouble. He ran multiple military bases through his 23 years of service. Good man and a good Christian.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    Not trying to stir the pot, but I do not think this is a recent trend. I had relatives who served in Vietnam too, but do not forget what happened at Kent State in 1970. I think this occurs throughout our history, and may appear stronger sometimes, depending on current political or world events, but this is not new.

Lest we forget:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I started a group on the Nextdoor app that is called Veterans faithful to our Oath, for vets to talk about stuff, and maybe meet, met an really neat guy, Vietnam vet of the 101st AB 70-71, we're talking and texting all the time, won't talk much about Vietnam, but that's expected. I just wanted to tell him how many of us are out here who think they got a raw deal, and that we respect them for doing a hard job, in the face of massive opposition. I just find it hard to be a vet (peace time) and support those who would destroy or great country....

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

The old argument that the military won’t follow unconstitutional orders is similar to arguing “the senate will protect us” a few short months ago.
    We can’t count on anything, time passing is not on our side.

Top Bottom