• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Ok so let me preface this with saying that this is on my HD shotgun/tactical/zombie killer whatever. I use it a LOT and I shoot it similarly how "Magpul fanbois" do. I'm not here to debate the technique, it seems to work for me. If I say something absolutely ridiculous feel free to call me on it though. I have a Remington 870.

Anywho, I was looking in to putting a handstop on my firearm. I have a railed fore end. I was going to have it bracket the rear of my hand and put a flashlight mount in front on the side so my hand is pretty bracketed between the two. When I was going about looking around though I noticed that VFGs are cheaper. I think VFGs are uncomfortable and get in the way on shotguns, I recall someone cutting, I believe, a magpul VFG and using it as a handstop on their carbine. Would applying this to my shotgun be impractical? I can't find a picture of what I saw, and its been awhile. It may not even be a magpul VFG. I think Stickman took the pic though if that helps anyone curious enough to try and find it (although I don't care I just want an opinion on the idea). Coming back to this, let me say the way I plan to cut it is at a 45º angle with the majority of the material facing the muzzle so my hand still have plenty of surface area to push up against. I would want to cut about and in under the mount of the VFG and cut the angle from there. That way I wouldn't risk the integrity of the mounting system.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Would something like this....

CTOMS_0653-1024-Stick.jpg

Be advantageous or on par with a normal handstop?

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    If rail real-estate isn't an issue, sounds like you're wanting something like an Magpul AFG ?
    Could just be me, I can't take the feel of anything on my shotgun grip, but the cut down RVG you show just looks like a great way to slip off the pump while returning to battery.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Would applying this to my shotgun be impractical?
    No, it would be really stupid.

I hate the word shotty to begin with but seeing "shottygun" in print, well that makes me very agitated and not wanting to help you. To over come this strong feeling I have and better myself as a person I chose to compromise and offer some advice.

Thus once again I will state, your idea is stupid.

PS in order to type shottygun you actually have to type shotgun. Why add the TY? Just buy some screws and some web strap here is a link how to do it but pleae GOD make this thread go away.

Shotgun Forend Strap

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    He wants to wedge his hand both going forward and backward. Almost as if some limp wrist grip with his hand wedged in between front and back stops will work. At least a strap will keep him from blowing his fingers off when he drops the gun.

He may shoot something else but his left hand will be in pristine condition.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think the strap idea would be the best.....
    also, as an added benefit, it allows you to do that cool one hand slide rack thing
    you see on movies with less risk of dropping your gun. :twocents:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    senor, mi no habla tu escopeta.

My pumps all have a forward stock that my hand holds when pumping them. It's about a foot long and surrounds the magazine tube underneath the barrel and slides back when you pull it towards you and it ejects a shell and then brings another shell in the chamber. Some guy named John Moses Browning was one of (if not the first) to utilize this concept. It works pretty well as anyone who has shot a model 12 or Ithaca 37 can tell you.

Ofcourse John was not aware of the CDI concept and Zombies were still supernatural and hanging out in Haiti at that time.

Top Bottom