• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What you need on a shotgun:

1. A way to carry extra ammo (one of the weakness of the shotgun is the limited round capacity).

2. A sling (you need this like you need a holster for your pistol).

3. A light (so you can identify your target, yes, Mr. Mall Ninja, turning a light on may be a bad idea, but you, being the good guy, may have to do this).

4. Short stock (shotguns come with silly LOPs because they are usually marketed to goose or duck hunters who point the gun up. No, you are not an NBA player with 15" long forearms, numbnuts, cut the stock down 12" is great, learn to hold it properly and get your thumb in the right place).

What you don't need on a shotgun:

1. Goofy crap.

What you really need:

1. Gun school.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    What good is any of that stuff ON a shotgun if you don't have ammo IN your shotgun? Or are you assuming the gun is loaded?

Are you saying this is useless? Ever try to blow snow in a bad neighborhood? Good luck to ya Bro! You won't learn stuff like this in no gun school. Adapt and survive.

232323232%7Ffp733%3C5%3Enu%3D86%3B2%3E932%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3449357695349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73463%3Enu%3D86%3B2%3E932%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D344935%3A452349nu0mrj

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are you saying this is useless? Ever try to blow snow in a bad neighborhood? Good luck to ya Bro! You won't learn stuff like this in no gun school.

1. Move out of a bad neighborhood.

2. Buy a $3 sling at the next gun show for your shotgun so you can sling arms.

Kirk, the problem solver

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Kind of like this.... almost?
    shotgun6jz.jpg

REMINGTON870_TACTICAL_FOREARM.JPG

Just my random opinion, but for a HD shotgun this would be more useful:
    SUREFIRE-Forend-w_-Momentary-on-Constant-on-Disable-Switches-623FGA-Pic1.jpg

Having played around with quite a few goobered shotguns, I find the only time vertical forends or straps seems to be beneficial is when it is on an AOW.
    serbu-2T.jpg

Just me though... mileage may vary...

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    1. Move out of a bad neighborhood.

2. Buy a $3 sling at the next gun show for your shotgun so you can sling arms.

Kirk, the problem solver
    My hood is great, 2 doors off the lake surrounded by over paid, unarmed liberals, I am safe here, I am the king of the pigs here! It acts as a symbol and serves as a reminder to my neighbors of my dominance over them..............as I pee on their snow drifts with my snow thrower idiling nearby. But if in a bad hood, could be useful.

Sling?! Look at the first picture, dead center above the gun, that is a head light. I can blind the bad guy with that light while I take cover behind a snow drift and open fire. You suggest I give up that tactic for a sling? Remember it is gas powered so the loud engine noise will also cover any sounds I may make as I move to better ground. I may even add an LED emergency flasher as an additional distraction.

Zoub, the non-problem solution provider.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    Lots of work for little gain (and it will probably look weird..if you care about looks). I cant recall the last time my hand slipped off my shotgun, but if you have this problem (thick gloves or maybe profusely sweaty palms) a nylon strap would look very nice and keep your hand in place (you might even be able to find a strap with "high-speed" or "tactical" in the description which would make it even cooler.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Do what you want. If it works it works. If it makes you a more efficient shooter, great. If it doesn't, toss it in the trash.

I'm trying to picture what you are suggesting.

What about 2 of these?

surestop.gif

Welcome to ERGO Grip Products

Gear Select also makes a 40 dollar version of the same idea, but I agree that if you really want a hand trap, a flexible strap is a better idea:
    83_1.jpg

You could probably even get fancy with two of these so you don't have to drill to mount webbing:
    iAf_zpV_AZ8mDweq28pOEdwHgmQCq8xkM9se1e4xs2YfARP9VhhT9IaKCAs_y4vQx_P3cQAg8UhRYJ2ot3vh5n3EWw-DH18oQdEgwt3uy4CyPxzM4pbz71xnbHbCbux3OL4WhhLz0JADaN5tsC17sSEYyOoyTWkbYUyccpgJgGV4FCPjglowfF90OjDkfizbuPkuCTMaC7puF0hltgHJlmENoXkluWXrL8D81UlAeWAeDJENRPEykop0THKwqzXuqk2exlov-pbJDq4TtVR8G8fyycvDAx_vxWZK4A

But for the record, plenty of people shoot plenty fast without slipping off the grip, so unless you are missing some fingers you should be gtg.
    If you happen to be missing fingers or suffering some other off-hand ailment, consider a semiauto, especially a saiga 12.

Top Bottom