• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I haven't been out yet. I think with the area I bow hunt I do more damage than good going out this early. My bow season doesn't really start for another week or so.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    In the afternoon hours of Nov. 7 is when my vacation will start. I'll be off for 10 days, go back and work 3 and then be off for another 11. If I really wanted to I could've scheduled just about the entire month of November off but I wanted some others days off in the year as well. I'll settle for only working 8 days in November.

On another note been watching Midwest Whitetail to get myself amped up and seen this video which was shot around some urban zone in Indy. Not real familiar with the Indy area but figure some others might recognize the area. A really good buck for an urban zone and good buck all around.
    E13.7: Stickers | Midwest Whitetail

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Thid year was the first time I missed the opener in37 years. Tomarrow might be worth going, its just been too hot

mjpell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Mooresville
    I went out this AM, and it was HOT then!
    I did have 4 does come in just before 9:00am. Shot the biggest one, but just slightly too far forward and hit the shoulder bone. Tracked her till the blood stopped. I at least got a piece of the lung by the blood. Walked around for 5 hours, had my son, my wife, my best friend searching. It was like walking around a jungle with the humity/rain/heat. Not a good way to start the season.... I'm still upset about losing her. That's my 1st one to lose.

Thid year was the first time I missed the opener in37 years. Tomarrow might be worth going, its just been too hot

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I've burned a weeks vacation to see practically nothing (and we have no less than 14 bucks on the trail cameras at this farm).

Hopefully it'll be better when I'm back the 29th.

My farthest hunting ground is 15 minutes away, with the rest of it being all around my home here in the country, so I am able to hunt pretty much everyday. I consider October a good time for killing does -- big bucks, not so much. In almost 20 years of deer hunting, I've only taken two bucks in October, one on the 2nd and the other on the 26 (which may as well be November). I go out each day in October with killing a doe on my mind. I'll gladly take a big buck then, but don't count on it until November. I don't take time off work to hunt, but if I did, it would most certainly be early November.

October 29 will be way better than what you have encountered this past week. Good luck!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Bobcat in Spencer County

My brother was out hunting our property for the first time on Friday and did not see a single deer. However, This is the first bobcat we have ever saw out there. He said it walked right under his stand and this was the best picture he was able to get of it.

photo.JPG

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    Very nice harvest M4Madness. Can we have some details of hunt?
    Do you think trailcam ever spooked him in pic's?
    Couple of trailcam pics from previous years to see how he growed?

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Congrats M4M! I'm not surprised he was that far from where you normally see him. If the wind was blowing there like it was here for yesterday's evening hunt he probably wasn't there by choice, lol.

We snuck into the big boys playground last night. The wind wasn't perfect but pretty close and with the temperature drop we figured it was worth a shot. Saw a couple of does and the wind had them skittish. Had a small 8 show up right at last light after the wind died down, walked by us 35yds downwind and didn't make us so at least we're doing the scent control well.

Planned one more morning hunt this a.m. but neither of our ground blinds are set up for morning hunts this early in the season so we're going to pack up once it breaks daylight. Can't sit in a stand with the camera equipment if its raining. Is been a long, frustrating week with the weather but we finally got eyes on both of the big boys for the first time (tons of trail cam pics) and saw a total of 8 bucks. Picked up a new 13 point on one of the trail cameras this trip also, he's not a monster but he's still young so may have some potential in the next couple of years if he doesn't get picked off.

We'll be back in three weeks for 12 days straight. Weather should be better, corn should be down and hopefully the big boys will be thinking about love instead of survival. Can't wait!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Nice buck M4. How long have you been chasing him? Honestly, I'm a little surprised there are still deer left in your woods after last year, lol. If you ever want to sell your property pm me first! :):

Top Bottom