• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No fall turkey for me. I like chasing them in the spring when they're gobbling and strutting. Unfortunately we don't have enough around the farm to take any out in the fall.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No fall turkey for me. I like chasing them in the spring when they're gobbling and strutting. Unfortunately we don't have enough around the farm to take any out in the fall.
    I've seen them a dozenish at a time out the back window here. Most of the time they read the calendar pretty good, but I have sneaked to 60-70 yards from them with the bow a couple of times. I've never really set up for turkeys or deer here, but I'm thinking about it.

Way, way too much going on in the spring at turkey time.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Anyone else going to be in the woods tomorrow? I'm headed out to the lease after work, hoping to put a coyote or two on the ground this evening and maybe in the morning then hunt tomorrow afternoon.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Been calling off and on for the past hour, nothing is moving. Of course my hunting partner snapped a pic of a coyote frolicking in this field before I got here today. 45 minutes later and he'd have been toast.

Like an idiot, I forgot the PVS-22 so we'll be done when the light goes.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Been calling off and on for the past hour, nothing is moving. Of course my hunting partner snapped a pic of a coyote frolicking in this field before I got here today. 45 minutes later and he'd have been toast.

Like an idiot, I forgot the PVS-22 so we'll be done when the light goes.

DOH!!

I don't bow hunt, so my hunting this weekend will be limited to the brown furry creatures that live in the trees, and throw nuts at you when you walk by. :)

SicSTi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Was gonna head out tomorrow evening and just see what happens... can't find rangefinder anywhere. The anger inside right now wants to be unleashed....

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I'm planning on heading out tomorrow evening if I can stay awake. Have a college visit with the wife and daughter in the morning after I get off work. If I don't make it out tomorrow, I'll definitely be in the woods Thursday.

Good luck to all...

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Good luck to all that get out. I'd rather be heading to the woods but instead I'm off to work. All work and no play for this dull boy, at least this week anyways.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Misery loves company, I am with you guys not getting out today and probably not until next weekend. May try an afternoon hunt this Saturday if my sons football game gets over soon enough and the boss gives me a pass for the afternoon

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    It was hot and buggy in the woods this evening. I saw 7. 3 does and 4 yearlings. I had one coyote at 3 yards and got busted when I drew. Good luck guys!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nice afternoon spent in a ground blind. Saw 13 including two decent bucks but they didn't hit the field edge until it was too late to shoot. They were 100yds away also so no shot either way.

Last edited:

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Had what would've been my second biggest buck at 40 yards and had two dogs run out of the corn and Chase him off, also saw a small 6 pt and a doe

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Nothing but turkeys and squirrels here. Didn't even see any driving out after dark.

It's all good though, weather didn't even bother me much.

Top Bottom