• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Well, if you really want to completely retrain your mindset and switch from condition one to a striker fired set up, then that's up to you. I haven't found a pistol yet I'd carry over my revolver.

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    Still haven't made the jump yet? Now it's the 19, 26 dilemma? I think the 19 to train with and get used to a striker fired pistol then the 26 a little later if I do like the Tupperware guns. lol

I do own a few striker fired semi auto's (both xd's) but have trained 0% with them from a carry aspect. I won't carry something my life depends on without practice.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I carry 8rd mags in my 1911, the 26 is 10+1 but I will be carrying +2 on top of that (depending on the print under the shirt) and my spare mag will be a 15rd. Just can't touch that with a 1911 mag. With modern day carry ammo the 9mm I think is just as bad ass as the .45 when factoring in the extra ammo. Just my thought process on the whole thing. If it's right or will work out who knows?

Oh and don't worry I won't be selling any of my 1911's No chance in hell of that happening.

Man, starting a combo 1911 vs. Glock and 45 Auto vs. 9mm in one thread….. well done! :):

Carry what is comfortable and you can shoot well. Different strokes and all that. I used to carry a 27, but carry a 23 or 29 now depending on the time of year/clothing I am wearing. I've just picked up a Ruger 1911 CMD and had it bobtailed, so that will be an option after I put it through it's paces.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Next pistol i'm looking at getting is a 2011 pistol. So i don't have to worry about the single stack capacities.Currently have 1 1911 and no glocks for me just M&P.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Man, starting a combo 1911 vs. Glock and 45 Auto vs. 9mm in one thread….. well done! :):

Carry what is comfortable and you can shoot well. Different strokes and all that. I used to carry a 27, but carry a 23 or 29 now depending on the time of year/clothing I am wearing. I've just picked up a Ruger 1911 CMD and had it bobtailed, so that will be an option after I put it through it's paces.

Well put!!! Nothing wrong with owning more than one caliber or different type of pistol (ie 1911 vs tactical tuperware - Glock) Like Sling10mm said, practice with what your carrying, so it becomes second nature. If you switch back to the 1911, go practice with it some more....nothing like putting rounds down range, but it was a lot more fun when it was on Uncle Sam's dime.....especially

Ma Duece!!!!! :biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    After 19 years of carrying a 4" 1911 I'm going to a Glock 26? Well I'm going to try it out at least. Gotta spend a lot of range time before making the change but with the way the world is going these days I think it's time for more mag capacity. I should probable just go completely off the deep end and buy a 19 but for some reason I am drawn to the 26? Will the great 1911 gods still let me in heaven when its all over?

I have a friend who sold her 9mm Shield and went back to a G-26...but kept her Kimber Pro-Carry II 1911 for 'rainy' days!

She loves the 26 for summer EDC!

Once saved, always saved. Grace, not works.

But the shift to a glock might be an unforgivable sin. Pray on it before you sell the 1911.

Amen...balance between Grace (+ Faith...saves) and combined with Works (as a result of salvation), also Saves!

Stay in the safety zone...keep the 1911!

Top Bottom