• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I believe in diversification of calibers. Why? Because it is fun. I do not know the exact number of calibers that I reload for but it is always increasing gradually and I enjoy that.

Two calibers is not too many, it is only two.

Terry

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This particular INGOer has cut out .40 as a caliber...

Down to 9mm and .38/357 and I'm OK with that.

Cost was a BIG factor in my decision.

-J-

Wise man! I have carry pistols in 9mm. I also have a .357 revolver to match up with my Marlin 1894c in the same caliber. I have a .22 pistol and rifle for practice. Finally, I have an old 12ga Mossberg.

I suppose I could sell the .357s and purchase a 9mm AR or AK or SKS style battle rife, but I would miss all the fun of remembering playing cowboy and Indians when I was a kid running through the woods trying to Injun up on my big brother.

Never did get one up on my brother, but I guess it makes sense—fits. He ended up a military lifer and I ended up a preacher. :D

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Try a Coonan

I'm aware. But having fired many a caliber from a 1911 platform, .45 is my favorite.
    (.40 & 9mm from EMP, Super 38 in a Colt, 10mm in an EAA Witness, and .22 from the GSG :D ...Never fired .357, though. I wasn't even aware they existed. I'm kind of surprised... it would seem as if the length/dimension of the cases would change the standard 1911 grip, or else cause binding and feed issues :dunno:. You got one? And can I try it? :D )

If you'd like to try a Coonan give me a shout some day and maybe we can connect. Just so happens I have my own and sell them when I can get em', which is harder and harded considering they now have a ten month lead time for new orders. Great gun.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I carry .45 1911s for protection.

I shoot 9mm 1911s for sport.

I shoot 22lr 1911s for recreation.

I personally use 3 calibers for my handguns.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have oh 10-15 calibers not sure, and I like to stockpile for all of them. That said, my philosophy is stockpile the most common first with one big buy. For instance, 1000 rds of 9mm and .223 because if i run out in a shtf scenario, I will probably find more. I buy 5-10 boxes of various brands for each new or new to me gun and find the one that likes me and the gun. Then I buy in "nibbles" of a 100 or so rounds when its on sale AND its the ammo my gun prefers.

Top Bottom