• ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    :dunno:
    Sooooo.......?.......Your say'n .......you/me,whoever.....can be on school property,carry'n a weapon(handgun) ? :dunno:

My poll'n location's a school/pre-school/kindergarten/daycare......although they'dve never known I had it.....left it at home simply to not force a felony on myself......sooooo.....:dunno: YOUR say'n otherwise?.....Legal?

If you put that in english I might be able to answer you. Otherwise I think Caleb figured it out.

Yes, you can legally carry a handgun in your vehicle with a LTCH while picking up or dropping off a student or someone going to or from a school event on school property. Do not get out of the vehicle, and it doesn't matter if you are there to vote.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    **UPDATE**

Guy Relford said that the gentleman in question who was turned away at the poles put his pistol in his car and voted, but not before handing the person who turned him away a printout of the Preemption Law and a copy of the Secretary of State's quote about the matter of openly carried handguns being "settled" in voting centers.

He said he was able to educate them but did not vote while OCing. Kind of a draw IMO.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    If you put that in english I might be able to answer you. Otherwise I think Caleb figured it out.

Yes, you can legally carry a handgun in your vehicle with a LTCH while picking up or dropping off a student on school property. Do not get out of the vehicle, and it doesn't matter if you are there to vote.

The person being picked up or dropped off doesn't necessarily have to be a student.
    "(B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle that is being operated by the person to transport another person to or from a school or a school function."

IC 35-47-9-1

Thanks

Mark

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The person being picked up or dropped off doesn't necessarily have to be a student.
    "(B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle that is being operated by the person to transport another person to or from a school or a school function."

IC 35-47-9-1

Thanks

Mark

Nor does it state anywhere that the vehicle can't be turned off - as was mentioned earlier.

Top Bottom