• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would suggest more folks from Bloomington carry a firearm.
    Only a fool carrys a knife to a gunfight.

Oh thats a big knife you have sir,
    I only have 17 124 grain +P 9mm's with me.

I wish I'd had the guts to take a picture of the trans-person, (not sure?) who was OCing an oversized bowie-like half sword at the Btown east Kroger.

We exchanged pleasantrys and I was oh so close, but didn't have the nads to ask for a picture of their cool giant knife.

:nailbite:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I wish I'd had the guts to take a picture of the trans-person, (not sure?) who was OCing an oversized bowie-like half sword at the Btown east Kroger.

We exchanged pleasantrys and I was oh so close, but didn't have the nads to ask for a picture of their cool giant knife.

:nailbite:
    I see it at some of the motorcycle runs/get together's, lol, that I attend.
    I wonder if its a felon thing?

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    My apologies to the mods for posting the whole article. Here are some snippets:
    In the knife aisle at Bloomington's Harbor Freight Tools, you can buy a $6.99 machete with an 18-inch-long two-edge blade, one side serrated, that's two-and-a-quarter inches wide nearing its sharp tip. The blade is attached to a rubber handle with finger grips.

The Gordon-brand machete comes with a black woven nylon storage sheath that's got a Velcro strip to hold the tool in place and a loop so it can be attached to a belt and worn. It's intended as a yard tool "for sawing through thick brush and vines," promotional ads say.

But around Bloomington, inexpensive machetes such as this are being used not only to hack down tall weeds, but also as defensive weapons sometimes used to hurt people.

• July 6, 12:27 a.m., 1400 block of North Willis Drive: a 31-year-old man reported a 26-year-old woman threw a machete toward him.
    • June 27, 10:53 a.m., Switchyard Park Splash Pad: a 31-year-old transient man reported someone took his machete from his belongings while he was at the park.
    • June 27, 3:38 p.m., 200 block of South College Avenue: A 58-year-old woman and 59-year-old man told police a man with a machete threatened them outside the Seminary Square Kroger store.
    • May 10, 2:17 p.m., 3100 Block of West Third Street: an employee of the At Home store called 911 after a 52-year-old woman ran in and said she had been threatened with a machete by someone she knows. A 43-year-old man was charged with intimidation with a deadly weapon, a felony.
    • April 8, 2:43 a.m., 1600 block of North Kinser Pike: a 20-year-old reported a man he knows pushed a shopping cart at him and made him crash his bike. A 54-year-old man told police the bicyclist brandished a machete and threatened him.
    • Feb. 25, 4:07 p.m., 600 block of North College Avenue: someone called 911 to report a 30-year-old man walking around carrying a machete. "Due to no crime being committed," the report said, the man was not detained, but did relinquish his machete to police.
    • Jan. 29, 11:07 p.m., 300 block of North Hopewell Street: a 48-year-old woman reported that a man she knows held a machete while threatening to kill her. A 32-year-old man was charged with two felonies — criminal recklessness and intimidation with a deadly weapon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I see it at some of the motorcycle runs/get together's, lol, that I attend.
    I wonder if its a felon thing?

Not sure. This person was OK to talk to, but everything about them screamed "Look at me, look at me!" Head to toe, looked like cross between biker gang and Mad Max, at the same time obese.

:scratch:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom